iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tooth Spacing

Started by WH_Conley, January 30, 2008, 10:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH_Conley

I know that this like re-inventing the wheel, but, let's hear the opinions.

WM has a new tooth spacing, 1 1/8, I think it is on the 1 1/2" blades, for the bigger mills according to what I was told by WM Indy. A neighbor took his LT70 to the shop for alignment and got a few new blades for the trouble. From what the hired help has to say, they don't like them, from what the boss has to say, he loves it.

I remember from the old days on a circle mill, more HP, more teeth. On my LT40 a 3/4" pitsh does not have quite the feed rate of a 7/8. The 1 1/8 is not offered in the thinner bands, at the moment. Maybe with enough inquires from users might be considered ;D.

Let the debate begin.
Bill

jesse

Quote from: WH_Conley on January 30, 2008, 10:40:54 PM

From what the hired help has to say, they don't like them, from what the boss has to say, he loves it.

1 1/8 toth spacing = more production ?

Gilman

I'd like a pack of 10 of the 1 1/8" for cutting big beams or wide cuts.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Kansas

A few months back the 1 1/8 inch tooth spacing became available on the 2" blade and we tried a couple. We liked them. However, at that time, it wasnt available in the 1 1/2 inch blades. Being we sharpen both 1 1/2 blades (for the woodmizer) and 2" for the other mill, I held off ordering any more simply because of the time it takes to change cams and make adjustments on the sharpener. If its available now in the other one, we will probably order a cam from cooks and try switching. It seemed like they cut better in stringy cottonwood, which we cut a lot of. Although...... that new sharpener from Woodmizer sure looks interesting........

mike_van

The fastest blade I ever used was a 2" from Suffolk with 1" TS.  Huge gullets on that thing - For me though, I just couldn't justify the cost.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Thank You Sponsors!