iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw rebuild....I hope it works.

Started by Firewoodking, February 19, 2013, 11:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodking

Somebody gave me a husky 350 for free.  He said he ran straight gas in it by mistake and blew it up.

So.......I found a rebuild kit on ebay for $49 and also found a very good instructional video on you tube and I'm hoping the saw will run like new after I rebuild it. $49 ain't bad if it works.

The kit ships from china and come with the piston, cylinder, rings, gaskets, etc.  takes a month to get here.

Fingers crossed. . .
Firewoodking

Al_Smith

Well I hope for your sake it works out too China or not .Probabley not the best choice but sometimes they work .

I'll give you a little tip ,save the original cir clips because many times the ones in the Chinese kits act like they are made from recycled baling wire .

jocco

All i can ad is check the bearings main and rod VERY CARFULLY if they break up after rebuild will not be a happy ending. help_me 2. MAKE VERY SURE THAT THE CASE WILL PASS A PRESSURE TEST WHEN DONE AND IS SEALED PROPERLY. smiley_devil Or a again it will not be a happy ending. No comment on cheap parts!!!! smiley_beady_eyes
You may check out but you will never leave

Firewoodking

Ya, I realize the Chinese parts are not the best but I don't feel the cost of the oem parts are worth fixing the saw.
Firewoodking

ChopperDan

Some of the kits are good. I would be more concerned about timing. From what I hear some have the ports cut to high. I too would pressure test the case seal before I start the build. If you plan on eliminating the base gasket you'll have to measure carefully. I would use a torque wrench.

If you don't get crazy you should be fine.
550xpg
562xp
Makita 6421 converted to 7900 X2
Hd SuperSpitter

Al_Smith

I don't know if those Chinese things are any good or not ,I've never used one .I have used Italian stuff though which I personal would put more trust in .Then again if history is correct spagetti came from Marco Polos obsession with Chinese noodles so they might be on to something .

I have this preminition the Chinese stuff is made from recycled beer cans  ,like POC or something .For all I know they could be remelted cylinder blocks from a Yugo but I'm not sure that little gem had an aluminum block or not .

I don't know if you can recycle chrome or not .If so maybe the plating used to be on a 1967 Cadillac El Dorado bumper ..Lots of possibilities  here . ;D

bandmiller2

Woodking,you just have to try it,your not out much money.I would have bought the parts from Baileys at least you would have someone to cry to if things go south.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!