iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

stihl o31av

Started by marvin, September 30, 2015, 07:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marvin

I have a stihl that does not seem to be getting a spark, so I am assuming it has an electrical problem. I can't see a hole lot that seems interesting when I take off the rewind starter, but when I try to take off anything more it appears to be part of the gas tank. At the moment I'm stumped so I was wondering if anybody out there had a solution to my dilemma. Thanks in advance. Apparently I forgot to mention it's an electronic ignition so no points which would make this a whole lot simpler. Still not sure how to get the case apart with out breaking the seal on the gas tank.

dougand3

Welcome, You have points and condenser under the flywheel. They may need cleaning/adjustment. Can't help you there - never done it.
Search web for "Stihl 031AV IPL" and you can see the Illustrated Parts List in pdf. 
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Texas-Jim

It can be converted to do away with the points and condensor if you wanted to.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

sawguy21

That model is a bit of a challenge. No need to split the tank to remove it but if I remember correctly you do need the carb off so the intake boot can be pushed through the opening.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!