iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best recipies for log end sealers that really work?

Started by Kelvin, July 11, 2008, 11:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

Cut corners, go the cheap route the results will show it.....

B
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

OffGrid973

When handling the wood on the furniture side I would not be happy with anything except anchor seal touching my saw blades...still try not to hit it, but no complaints from customers when they can see the end grain and still avoid checking.

Harbor freight roller, heavy nap, and anchor seal with screw top and handle, dream combination 
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

wesdor

I'm cutting bowl blanks for woodturning next week. A friend just bought 1 gallon of clear Elmer's Glue. We are going to try that and see how it compares to Anchor Seal. 

Currently price for Anchor Seal looks to be about $35/ gal. Price for Elmer's Glue - $9 / gal. 

Anyone try Elmer's Glue?

DDobbs

I use Anchorseal most of the time
But I also use Titebond glue 3 cups of glue 1 cup of water.
 Both work great.

Dave
EZ Boardwalk 40
Ez Boradwalk Jr.sold 11/7/2015
Stihl 650 Stihl 290

low_48

For bowl blanks I have used glue. I slather on a thick coat, then stick on a layer of glossy paper. Like advertisements and old magazines. It's worked very well on stock up to 8" thick. It was just an idea to simulate a vapor barrier, maybe glue by itself would work just as well.

kiamori

You can get the non toxic wood glue for about $11-13 a gallon with free shipping from a lot of places if you have other things to order. amazon, target, etc.

seems to work better than anchorseal and it also dries clear so you can still see the grain for cuts.

Thank You Sponsors!