iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodland Mills HM126 Review + Customer Service

Started by ssgerken, January 23, 2012, 11:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssgerken

Hey everyone,
I just purchased my first sawmill, a HM126 from Woodland Mills.  I have seen quite a few posts about it lately, so I thought I would write my review on it. 

It came packaged in a steel tye pallet crate on truck with a lift gate, delivered to my house.  It for the most part is assembled (at least I thought it was easy to put the few remaining items together compared to some I've seen).  It took me about 2 hours to get the track and lift supports for the carriage assembled. 

So far it has done everything I've wanted it to do.  Sure it's not going to cut 300 bf an hour, but for a hobby mill it has one of the largest log capacity's in it's class, and a pretty decent sized kohler engine.

After Woodland Mills shipped out my mill, the trucking company lost it for a few days :(.  I called Niel in sales and by the next day he had it straightened out and the mill was at my doorstep.  Best of all I recieved a e-mail from Niel today thanking me for referring a customer to them and apoligizing for the shipping dilema.  He said he is sending me out a free cover for the Mill!!!  SWEET!

Anyway if anybody has any questions on it, or would like any pics let me know.

Steve
McCool Junction Ne

dgdrls

I think some photos and a follow-up would be a good addition here,

Best
DGDrls

bandmiller2

Just looked up their web site very  impressive their mill looks well built easy to maintain.If anyone is considering rolling their own wouldn't hurt to have a look at this mill and its guide system. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Hilltop366

$44 for a set of guides with backup bearings, the price is reasonable.

sandhills

Welcome to the forum Steve, thanks for the review, it's nice to see a few more Nebraskans around here I'm up by Albion.

Ozarkian

Must of seen many of my post!  I have been talking a lot about this mill since I discovered it.  If I purchase new this is the Mill I am getting for sure. 

I am very glad you are enjoying it - all I have at the moment is a video of them cutting up a 12" Walnut on youtube (wipes away drool from chin) digin1... It's the operator's POV, I like to make it full screen and think of it as Virtual Reality!  8) :D :).  Keep the review coming, as well as plenty of photo's for those of us without a mill thinking about making our first purchase!

13h.p. EZ Boardwalk JR.

Jeff

Woodland Mills became the newest sponsor of the Forestry Forum just this morning. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ozarkian

Quote from: Jeff on January 24, 2012, 12:45:23 PM
Woodland Mills became the newest sponsor of the Forestry Forum just this morning. :)

That is awesome!  They are able to provide quality mills to those of us with smaller wallets, happy they now will be recognized among the other companies that sponsor this very resourceful forum!  We are certainly the audience they need to target, as most of us seem to have sawdust in our blood.  cut_tree

8) 8) 8)  Welcome to the Forestry Forum Woodland Mill's!!!  8) 8) 8)
13h.p. EZ Boardwalk JR.

NeilB

Quote from: ssgerken on January 23, 2012, 11:33:37 PM
Hey everyone,
I just purchased my first sawmill, a HM126 from Woodland Mills.  I have seen quite a few posts about it lately, so I thought I would write my review on it. 

It came packaged in a steel tye pallet crate on truck with a lift gate, delivered to my house.  It for the most part is assembled (at least I thought it was easy to put the few remaining items together compared to some I've seen).  It took me about 2 hours to get the track and lift supports for the carriage assembled. 

So far it has done everything I've wanted it to do.  Sure it's not going to cut 300 bf an hour, but for a hobby mill it has one of the largest log capacity's in it's class, and a pretty decent sized kohler engine.

After Woodland Mills shipped out my mill, the trucking company lost it for a few days :(.  I called Niel in sales and by the next day he had it straightened out and the mill was at my doorstep.  Best of all I recieved a e-mail from Niel today thanking me for referring a customer to them and apoligizing for the shipping dilema.  He said he is sending me out a free cover for the Mill!!!  SWEET!

Anyway if anybody has any questions on it, or would like any pics let me know.

Steve
McCool Junction Ne

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear you're up and running with the mill! I had your cover shipped out with UPS so you should be receiving it soon. Feel free to send Josh and I some pictures and we'll post them on the website. Visitors to our site seem to really enjoy the Testimonials Page with the other customer's photos. Some pretty cool sawmill set-ups...

Thanks again!
Neil
Neil B
Woodland Mills

Millingdad

I purchased a hm126 mill month ago it was delivered quick an on time right to my door. Was relatively easy to set up for a beginner like myself.  Although I had a big problem and couldn't figure it out. With the help of Derek from woodland Mills he sent me a variety of new parts one being a new band wheel. Turned out my drive band wheel had a chunk missing out of the casting. Replaced it and is working awesome and Derek is even replacing my blades due to this problem. Am very happy with the mill an the service an would recommend the hm126 to anyone thanks woodland 
David

thecfarm

millingdad,welcome to the forum.
What's the plan for the lumber?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

RAYGYVER

Well, I would like to contribute to this thread also. I take delivery of my HM126 14 HP tomorrow and cannot be more excited. I too am very impressed with the customer service. Calling and talking with Melissa in sales was a pleasure. She has been very fast in responding to any emails. I ordered it on a Friday but the card was declined. I had to call the bank on Monday to get a cash spending limit raised. Melissa helped me figure that out. So I ordered the mill first thing Monday morning. From the moment I ordered it, to when it comes off the truck, will be 3 days!!! That is FAST! Timbery had a end of month wait on the M100, and a end of November wait on the new M120. I got the Woodland a little cheaper than either of those with the upgraded 14hp engine. I'll get the trailer and track extension later if needed. 

So, sometime this weekend I will try to post here my initial impressions and experience. 
I fear not death, I fear not to live.
Ray Cecil | GrabCAD
www.linkedin.com/in/ray-cecil-b862805b

E-Tex

Millingdad and RayGyver  -  

Congratulations on the new mills......exciting times ahead! 8)
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

thecfarm

You will like it.
I bought mine mill more than 10 years ago. I did not buy any wheels or axle with it. I only saw for myself. I brought in some gravel and made a nice place for it to stay put. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!