iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1400 CB solenoid sticking

Started by overclocking, October 07, 2016, 10:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overclocking

I have a CB 1400, the Solo for the low side is sticking and causing it to burn wood faster then normal. I cleaned it,it still stuck so I replaced it. New one does the same thing after a week. I slam the door or bang on the side and I can hear it close. I don't want this to overheat or waste wood, should I put some weights on it or a small bungy cord to pull it down a little? Anyone else ever see this?

Wood Shed

I have a different model of CB and have not seen the problem you are but this year has been frustrating.  I knew the minute it was powered up something had changed (sits idle all summer).  The controller was acting erratically posting wide temp fluctuations.  So I threw $50 at it installing a new controller, did the same thing.  While working on it I noticed it went on and off if I bumped the ground wire.  Cleaned and repaired the ground connection, now I have an extra control module.  So, check your ground.  HTH
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

davewittwer

I had an issue with a sticky solenoid last year.  Cleaned with WD40 and worked great.  I also have had some issues with the wiring that controls the solenoid.  Re did some of that this fall, hopefully that will cure the problem when i fire the stove up.  Good luck, let us know what you come up with.

OneWithWood

Check the alignment of the actuator linkage.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!