iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Taking Delivery

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2017, 07:54:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I made this up from a chunk of redwood to sit on the back.

https://youtu.be/aSo3gTzpTDw
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

coxy

i like how you did the sign for the running boards     how did you know how old the tree was     

Jeff

The history of the log had followed it. There was a large plaque with the log when we sawed it up in 2007

rjwoelk

If that tree could talk what a tale it could tell. Put to excelent use.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Banjo picker

Thats super cool Jeff.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Jeff

Big ad venture for Mr. Truck today. An 80 mile round trip, and he brought home a souvenir. We had endless people asking questions and looking and taking pictures and posing with the truck for pictures. That never happened ever with the tbird.

grouch

You gonna wear M.R. Truck out before you get the logo on it!

Look like you were having fun.
:)
Find something to do that interests you.

thecfarm

souvenir?? I think an award?  ;D   8)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Well, we need a closeup of either the plaque or your smile.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

The award was for being one of the top 65 cars out of 209. They announced they were being given in random order and not revealing where any one finished in the voting. I think anywhere in that 65 out of 209 very nice cars was a pretty cool thing to happen. The plaque sponsor was pretty fitting as well. I'm pretty proud of my truck. :)

Magicman

Hey, that is running with the big dogs and keeping some mighty fine company.  Congratulations!   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

loggah

Jeff ,Good for you!! MR.Truck alive and well winning awards !!!! ;D ;DI got a award or two with the Lombard years ago, they couldn't figure out what to give it ,so they decided the truck with the largest motor would be it (1090 c.i.)
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

The truck ran very well on this first trip. Good oil pressure, good temp, and it pulls itself very well in the hills without any down shifts needed. It will run 50 mile an hour with out effort.

I do have an issue. I'm going to have to replace the right front king pin. I have some wheel shake there.

Dave Shepard

Wheel shake is just part of the old truck experience  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I noticed the play in that wheel when redoing the brakes and knew it was going to be an issue at some point. Not sure I have the ability to do it here without torches or a press.

grouch

If I was a Smith Lumber Co. representative at that event, M.R. Truck would've gotten that plaque *or else*: "I don't care how many hotrods you have out there with small block 350 Chevy engines crammed in 'em. There's a '46 log truck came in under it's own power, has a sawmill blade for headache rack, and a bumper, running boards and bed from a 1,635 year old redwood tree! It WILL be awarded or we're finding another event to sponsor!"

Jeff

I'm thinking the assignment was random, and coincidental.

coxy

they shouldn't be to bad to do we cut 2 slices in the old ones with a saws all to get them out and if I remember I think my dad used a oak 4x4 to pound them in or used it to jack them in cant remember  I also think he had to ream the hole a little to clean them up  I also remember him pounding the old cut nails in one to tighten it up to get it inspected  :o :D

grouch

Quote from: Jeff on September 03, 2017, 01:48:14 PM
I'm thinking the assignment was random, and coincidental.

Well, you were there and I was not. I'd be willing to bet that that (Tom) truck stood out in the crowd enough so that it wasn't random or coincidental, but rather merit.
Just how many trucks of that vintage did you see there and under their own power (not trailer queens)? And with original engine? And then add in the bumper, running boards and that monster slab bed? It would stand out in the typical car shows I've seen, at least. (Yeah, I admit that's not a big statistical universe).

Jeff

There were a few older trucks than mine, but none were original power or drive train.

Jeff

Mr. Truck and Hoopty had a good day today. Tammy drove Hoopty and it won its first award with a chick at the helm. A nice cup memorial choice award.
Mr. Truck received a very nice Trophy. Ladies Choice award. Tammy was quick to let me know, that was for the truck, not for me.

Jeff

coxy

you have to take Mr truck to get hoopty a prize  ;) ;D

thecfarm

I suppose you all ready have a nice wooden shelf to put all the awards on. Better make it a big one.

Thank You Sponsors!