iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM blade vibration dampening block

Started by landscraper, January 26, 2015, 07:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

IIRC, My old LT40 book says there should be 1/16" clearance once the blade is tensioned.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kelLOGg

Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

whittle1

Great information, I have a 94 LT40 with that part missing. I purchased the mill a  few years ago and completely rebuilt it replacing wiring, bearings and painting and don't remember seeing this in the manual. I'm going to look again but will probably just do what someone else mentioned and bolt up a pc of UHMW.
Thats why I like this site about every time I get on here I stumble across something new.

SawyerTed

On my LT35 I found remnants of a piece of poplar stuck in the sawdust chute.  A few days later I realized it was the blade oscillation block.  So I ordered one from WM.  Was I ever pithed to receive a little block of poplar wood !!  

It wasn't but $3 but for nothing I couldn't make one EXCEPT my time is worth something...
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Chuck White

Forgot to mention in my earlier post but IIRC, on the 1995 LT40HD that I had, there wasn't a wooden block, there was a bolt with an allen screw in the middle of it.

The screw was adjusted to within 1/16".
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!