iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old hydraulic oil.

Started by bkellyvtme, April 27, 2012, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkellyvtme

Can you burn your old hydraulic oil mixed in the fuel in a 353?

Bert

Its not something I would do but I have heard of it.
Saw you tomorrow!

pineywoods

Makes good bar and chain oil IF you mix a quart of something like STP with 5 gallons of hydraulic oil. It's all I use...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

lumberjack48

Quote from: pineywoods on April 27, 2012, 11:21:17 AM
Makes good bar and chain oil IF you mix a quart of something like STP with 5 gallons of hydraulic oil. It's all I use...

This is what i did, i used to get that cheap Walmart STP, or motor honey. Mix one in 2 1/2 gals of oil, you'll find its works great. It used to cost a little over a $1.00.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

lumberjack48

I used to add #30 non-detergent to the fuel, 2 quarts to 20 gal. I seen this done when i was in Mt, when they fueled the cats up, they added oil to the fuel. I had to ask why they did that, the fueler told me, they ran cooler, had more power and used less fuel.  These were 1947-48 short track slide bar D8's, they'd blow black smoke rings 20' in the air.

But i quit doing it, i head that to much oil in the fuel will burn a hole in the center of the piston's on a Detroit being that its a 2 stroke engine.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Thank You Sponsors!