iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Will have some sun today!!! Should hit 50 today. I had 28° this morning.
Oh yea, more snow coming Wed-Thursday.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

68° this morning with a high of 85° today.  Yikes!!

Thankfully we are forecast to see 42° Friday morning.  ffsmiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Saw the first of the wild flowers breaking ground here, colts foot. It's a yellow flower that may look like dandelion. It's growing near an old spring that never freezes.  I have seen a couple willows in flower lately to.

Got to 45°F today.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodroe

Is this an April fools joke or what ?
From the National Weather Service for this area:

WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations greater than
  18 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.

Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

I saw a steady 52° today.
Did see 54 for maybe an hour.
Oh yea, snow.  :wacky:
Just about like last time, which was a little bit more then a week ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WhitePineJunky

Possible snow storm Thursday probably rain though 

Old Greenhorn

Well the weekend was pretty nice. Got out in the woods on Sunday and it was SO nice it was hard to thinking aout working. We did some trail 'finding' and some clearing to get access. We messed aorunf talking and planning next steps and I loaded and took some logs out to a staged trailer. But did I mention it was SO nice. The kind of day where you just want to sit in the sun in shirtsleeves, chat, and enjoy the perfect weather. It was in the mid 50's. I didn't make any more headway on my current order and that decision forced me out there today to get more logs in. Today was heavy overcast all morning, a 5 minute burst of sun around 2pm, then more solid overcast. Rain beginning tomorrow afternoon I think until Friday. They say maybe some snow, sleet, freezing rain, and a partridge in a pear tree. :wink_2: We get what we get, but I wanted to get this particular order closed out. New client, somewhat needy. :wink_2: But today I stayed almost all dry all day, just sprinkles.
 The weather service seems to be leading the hype charge on this storm and really drumming it up. We shall see.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

I'm hoping to have steel on the shop roof before Thursday. Prediction is for up to a foot of wet snow. DOH!!  Les miserablé !! ffcheesy

30°F here this morning. Another clear day coming and 40's temps. Our first 50° looks like Monday next.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don P

Turned a little red on my pale winter skin yesterday afternoon working on a deck, mid 70's. Decided to ditch the flannel lined pants this morning. 80 today, snow tomorrow. Don't clean out the truck yet! Sarvis, (serviceberry, shadblow), started blooming 2 days ago, cherries are in full bloom, pears are set.

SwampDonkey

36°F here this morning and mostly cloudy.

Got to 45°F yesterday and that north breeze made it feel like winter even in the sun when walking into it. Wind to my back, and it felt fine walking home.  :sunny:

woodroe

28*, 10 -20" wet snow in the forecast coupled with high winds. Not good.
Shortened up the top link on my 3 point snowblower about an inch for the last storm, down to
soft bare gravel and stone.
Not getting much woods clean up done, wet.
First tree swallow arrived yesterday, had a couple real nice days for woodworking
in the shop, doors wide open 45 -50* . Been building 1" x 12" Pine board doors for the tractor shed,
10' opening 7' tall.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

thecfarm

I did the same on my snow blower too.
Will be snow blowing the driveway in the morning so I can go to work.

SwampDonkey

Turns out it cleared here and nothing but sunshine currently. Not even a sign of a cloud.  :sunny:  :thumbsup:

Old Greenhorn

Lousy weather in general. Started raining yesterday around noon and continues to do so. Getting close to 2" now and more overnight and tomorrow. Temp dropped through the day today after sun-up. Not much wind but the power went out at 5:30pm and came back on at 7:30. Took the wife out to dinner.
 Power just blipped again about 15 minutes ago and took out a long post I was writing. Still waiting for cable to come back online. Hopefully Friday it will clear.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

TroyC

For those prone to  power interruptions I strongly recommend a UPS, uninterrupted power supply or battery backup. I have 2, one on the TV and one on the computer and router. Not only do they prevent electronics from hard shutdown and loss of data, they provide surge protection. If the power flickers or goes off, they instantly provide power to keep the item powered long enough to shut it down properly.

Old Greenhorn

It's not that big a deal that I worry about it, but poor weather does have a way of enhancing little issues to an aggravating level. I was right in the middle of a survivor  episode and writing that post. Both gone and cable took 25 minutes to come back online after the power was back, internet was pretty quick.
 But when it went out for a couple of hours and I decided we'd go for diner out, the truck battery was flat dead. NO idea why, no indications prior. Never had a hint of an issue. I might have a electrical leak. I have it charging now and will look into it when the rain stops.
 You know how it is, when you are already ticked off, then some other little thing happens and you just loose it. When it went out the second time and I lost that post, which I will NOT retype, I really lost it and flipped out in a way I haven't done since before I retired. I even surprised me with my reaction. I have a feeling that truck battery thing is going to take some figuring out. I don't think the battery is bad.

Peter Drouin

I was going to be open for customers tomorrow. But, with all the snow coming. I'm going to wait till next week. ffwave
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ianab

We have a saying here... If you can see the Mountain, it's going to rain. If you can't see the Mt, it's already raining. 

This is the "It's going to rain look" from today. 

Nothing serious, but have had light rain most of the afternoon. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

The saying here is, if I can't see the Oakfield windmill lights, the snow will be here soon. And I can't see them this morning.  ffcheesy ffcheesy

30°F and breezy on the porch.  Snow pending, for 3 days. :snowball:

thecfarm

Wind and snow!!! Maybe 6 inches? Hard to tell the way the wind is blowing it around. But we have at least 4 inches. Still snowing, all day too. Seem to be a dry snow and not a wet snow that happens in the spring.
28° helps out on that.  :wacky:
Looks like another long storm.

cutterboy

Wind and sleet all night. It made a racket hitting the house. Snowing now but not heavy, just wind blown. The weather service says winds of 26-31mph with gusts up to 60mph! The snow isn't mounting up, it's just blowing by. I don't think it's going to hit the ground till it gets to Maine. ffcheesy

Oops, the lights just flickered. It's done that a few times this morning.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Old Greenhorn

Well, THAT deteriorated rapidly! ffcheesy We are right on the line that the weather service uses as a climate zone marker. Our forecast was for no accumulation, but just a mile to our NW they were calling for a few inches of sleet and snow, as you went further north and west the accumulations got deeper. Well, when I went to bed we had a white coating of sleet over much of the ground. When I woke up, we had 1-2" of that 'non accumulating' type stuff. It just snowed for another 20 minutes, no stopped. I am not going to put the plow back on that I took off last Friday! Let it melt, I don't care.
 They have cut the amount of predicted precip today by about 80%, but it's full overcast, very damp, and quite gloomy. Another shop day. High temp for today might hit 39° at best. Snow at this elevation is a bit unusual in April, but I have run into in May, just 15 miles away, but 1,000ft higher in elevation. SO I am just going to leave it.

Stephen1

An inch or 2 of wet slop. I saw the town truck go by plowing. It will melt soon enough and spring is coming this weekend. I am going out to spread some grass seed on the snow . My dad always said to spread the grass seed on the last snow and it will sprout the best. Always interesting what we remember from our parents. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

WhitePineJunky

Snowstorm today 2 inches down probably a couple more, the winds are the main issue, as I imagine the snow will melt quickly next day or so

SwampDonkey

Snow just began here not long ago. I see the forecast on accumulation has been down graded considerably, but it's going to be a 3 day storm no matter what.  ffcheesy  33°F out there with wind.

Thank You Sponsors!