Started by Coon, December 16, 2007, 01:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Check out this Timberjack:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2V8GFqk_Y&feature=related
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Faron

How would you like to unexpectedly spot that thing in the woods one foggy morning? :D
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Rick Alger

I've got a couple of those that run on hay.

scsmith42

Wow - I'm not sure what to say - sure would be bizzare to see it in the woods on a foggy morning...
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

JV

I showed the video to my wife and hinted that Christmas was just around the corner.  No response.   :-\
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

leweee

;D Coon.....do you think it would work in muskeg. ??? :D :D :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

sawguy21

Somebody watched Jurassic Park too many times, that thing is bizarre. Training sure would be interesting.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Gary_C

The way that is built, it's not a low ground pressure machine. So it would be best if it was powered by a turbo jet engine so when you got stuck, you could just lift all legs, crank up that engine, and skid yourself out.  :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Coon

I can't say that thing would be any good in the muskeg around here at all.  Ther's no way that thing has a low enough ground pressure.  Besides I think if that thing got stuck in the muskeg it would be there for the duration of it's life.  I think one would also rip it to pieces if he ever tried pulling it out.  But then who knows maybe they would be the thing on the sidehills.  ???

logwalker

If you doubled the diameter of the pads you would triple the area and ground pressure would be 1/3. There was plenty of room around those feet to double or triple the diameter. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Corbo223

How about (STARS WARS), diffently low impact ... Easy tree planting with each footprint but Diffently not fast. PREFECT for sneeking in on those stripes of timber that the tree huggers are sitting on. TIMBER>>>>>.. SPLAT !!!!
Just not enough time in the day

Bicboro

I tried to get Deere to send me one of these to demo in the mountains.  I figured you could sit it down like a dog sits.  They told me that it wouldn't have the same traction as a wheeled harvester.  Darn!  I was hoping to play with it.
In depth look into mechanical harvesting.  www.thetreeharvester.com

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Maineloggerkid

The only issue I have noticed with those is that they say it is designed to go places where a tracked or wheeled machine wont go, or where the land owner doesn't want them. The issue is this: don't you still need to use the tracked or wheeled machine to extract the logs? OR do they also have a log bunk for these "insect things".

Other than that, if you can get by the sci-fi effect, its a real crafty rig.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Coon

Suppose they may be good on the side of a mountain where they take the timber out with a helicopter but then again those areas are pretty rugged too.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!