iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Holzfforma / Farmertec G660 Chainsaw review

Started by bozzaa69, December 29, 2019, 06:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Still got a Husky 371 and 55 from 97 that still run strong and only a fuel line replaced that sucked air I replaced. #name brand

Real1shepherd

Quote from: bigG on July 02, 2020, 01:04:01 AM
Quote from: Real1shepherd on June 21, 2020, 11:57:22 AM
Quote from: Old Greenhorn on June 21, 2020, 07:59:22 AM
Quote from: Real1shepherd on June 20, 2020, 08:24:38 PM
Otherwise it's just cheapskates buying cheap saws waiting to throw their saws into the faces of their dissenters.....if the saws last a yr with heavy use. Some are gonna make it, a lot more won't.

I don't even see the efficacy of buying OEM parts to fortify the Chinese cr*p saws.....just a waste of good saw parts. Like the old expression about polishing a tu*d.

Kevin
That is your opinion, but calling people names and putting labels on them like 'cheapskates' is unnecessary and not called for. This is (was) a discussion, not a debate with a winner and a loser. You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I am interested to read it, consider it, and learn what I can from it. I will not call you names if your opinion is different from mine, seem fair? However, deciding for folks what is best for them should really be left up to those individuals and calling them names because they don't go the way you believe to be correct is not very conducive to having a discussion. I have one of those saws, I have worked on it and fixed some things. I don't use it a lot, but when I need the big CC's and long bar it is mighty handy. I don't depend on it to feed my family and if/when it breaks down I put it on the side and finish up with my OEM saw. No big deal. There are a LOT of users who cannot justify nor come up with $1,000 for a saw they use a dozen times a year. Using your vernacular: That tu*d I polished up works just fine for me, thank you very much.
Oh boy, here we go again. Use of "cheapskate" was obviously tongue 'n cheek and not aimed at anyone in particular. I don't know how you could take offense at that.

You're not really giving good reasons BTW, for buying these cheap saws. If you have money to burn and want to fool around then fine. But the guy who thinks he can't afford the OEM saw is exactly the same guy shoving it my face a yr later saying, "See, you were wrong about this saw!"

I wasn't wrong at all....he still has a dubious saw and better money would have been spent buying the real deal....EVEN if he had to save for it. How many people really need a saw RIGHT NOW and can't afford to save or even better yet, REBUILD an older name brand saw? For the money you pay for one of these cheap clones, you can often go through an older name brand saw and have it fit for duty....often even for less.

Kevin
I can appreciate your take. I now know 4 woodheads (not jacks, but people who make and sell firewood, and they cut a ton) and 4 have sold their Stihl 660s for this saw. The first bought his kit almost two years ago. Not one problem. This is why I bought this thing. I haven't had a problem and neither have the other three gents I know who dumped their Stihl 660s, and bought two of these with the money. We all share the same chainsaw mechanic; and the mechanic aid he had now put about 35 of those saws together, and very few problems have come up. I believe him. I only cut and split (by hand)about 10 full cords per year. This saw has saved a lot of time and effort. I sure don't regret it. Just blows through the wood.
I've found nothing special about Stihl OEM. Glad I didn't blow my money on one.
Sorry, Kevin, gotta disagree.
That's OK, real field experience with these saws is what members are after. Won't ever be my choice because I'd rather buy an OEM saw and fix it up.

I'm a Husky/Jonsered guy anyway for large cc saws.

Kevin

Pine Ridge

OEM Husqvarna, new or used is what i will continue to run.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Real1shepherd

Quote from: Pine Ridge on July 02, 2020, 09:35:59 AM
OEM Husqvarna, new or used is what i will continue to run.
Shhhhhhhh.....we're right in the middle of Squeal Country. 8)
Kevin

Pine Ridge

Thats a good one !!!! Ah heck, when someone asks me what kinda saw i run it don't take me 30 minutes to explain it to em !!!!!
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Thank You Sponsors!