iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer CBN Sharpener Avaiable Now. Go to our sponsor page for details.

Started by sparks, January 30, 2008, 12:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeH

Just think if you sharpen 250 blades it will pay for itself. To use that many blades I would have to saw 200,000 board feet of lumber if the blades never broke or wore out. That might take awhile, unless your Bibbyman. ;D

sparks

I cleared the air on our sponsor page on CBN with accurate info relating to blades not machining parts. rewimmer, if you can show me in our info where we are snowing folks that we invented CBN, I will get it corrected. If not you need to lighten up and pull the burr out of your saddle.  We would not be in business as long as we have been if we SNOWED folks. To say we are is wrong.
You can not retro fit your old sharpener with our CBN. Most of our customers know we use to have a retro fit kit but we no longer have them. We never said our  sharpeners "could not be changed to CBN technology." We know that there are those who have converted with other brands of parts. We are always up front and honest.
I hope this puts an end to the false statements, about Wood-Mizer CBN release, on the forum. If anyone has questions feel free to email me. I will give you the right info so that you can make your decisions. Thanks all and be careful out there.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

jpgreen

Just now have seen the info about these new sharpeners.

What are the benefits? Do you get a better performing blade?

For a guy like me that already has a late model WM sharpener and mills near 70,000 BF of lumber a year mainly for personal use, is the CBN really worth the cost?
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

sparks

The CBN allows you to sharpen your blades with a much greater accuracy. You do not have to keep your wheel dressed since the CBN wheel has the blade profile built in to it. Because you can sharpen the blade better you get more life from the blade and better cutting performance. Thanks all and be careful out there. 
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

zopi

Whatsa expected life cycle of the CBN wheels? How many blades before you go through one?  How does that compare with the life of a vitreolic (I think thats right.) wheel? I don't really mind dressing wheels..I'm almost never in that big a hurry..unless there is anew mill on the way... ;D
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

amberwood

Zopi..I have a WM CBN and wheel consumption is not even worth considering. My sharpener is 10 years old, and has supported a LT40 with nearly 4000 hours on it. I think it has only consumed 2 wheels in that time and one of them wore prematurely due to operator misuse.
Blades per wheel....no way to tell but it do know that i get dozens of sharpens out of blades and you just keep sharpening them until they get well past the hardening and will not hold an edge.
Not sure on volumes but in ball park numbers that would be about 1600m3 or 800000bf.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

jpgreen

Quote from: amberwood on February 07, 2008, 08:03:50 PM
Zopi..I have a WM CBN and wheel consumption is not even worth considering. My sharpener is 10 years old, and has supported a LT40 with nearly 4000 hours on it. I think it has only consumed 2 wheels in that time and one of them wore prematurely due to operator misuse.
Blades per wheel....no way to tell but it do know that i get dozens of sharpens out of blades and you just keep sharpening them until they get well past the hardening and will not hold an edge.
Not sure on volumes but in ball park numbers that would be about 1600m3 or 800000bf.

DTR

I'm al bit confused... easily done..  ::) :D

How have you had a Woodmizer CBN sharpener for 10 years if they just came out with it, or is yours a different older model than the one we're talking about?
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

amberwood

They have been avail outside the US...special production for 240volt countries that did not have access to resharp services...All I know is that I have one.

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

AusLJW

The US price of a CBN wheel is $199.95 retail,  Is that right? I just ordered one here in Australia and its more than $500.    :o

shopteacher

Wow,  :o that's worse then the shipping and handling on Ebay. :D :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Thank You Sponsors!