iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Throttle switch not working

Started by TFordALA, January 17, 2021, 05:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TFordALA

Hydro Ax 670 with 5.9 Cummins...Machine idles fine..go to hitting the throttle switch and it does nothing now..stays at an idle...is there something I need to check before buying switches and such to fix this issue?

Tacotodd

I'm assuming it's a drive by wire setup. I have never had the displeasure of playing with one, and no school I've ever attended talked about them, BUT, if it were me get , start with a multimeter and just use your imagination and what information you get to help track down your problem. Like: I have power to this but not from this other thing. The problem is most LIKELY in between.

Check your connections and grounds as well. Some times simple and inexpensive 🤫
Trying harder everyday.

Satamax

Quote from: TFordALA on January 17, 2021, 05:12:37 PM
Hydro Ax 670 with 5.9 Cummins...Machine idles fine..go to hitting the throttle switch and it does nothing now..stays at an idle...is there something I need to check before buying switches and such to fix this issue?
Well, first thing, pull that switch out with the slack of the wires. And test. That must be a two or three tab switch. I  guess one of those is at 12 or 24 volts. And if you flip the switch, you should have voltage on another tab.  If there is nothing, check fuses, and wires. If there is something, but doesn't change with switch movement, switch is dead. 
And i guess, if it is an on off system, you have a solenoid on the injection pump. Test that too. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

TFordALA

Switch is bad..Where can I buy parts for this machine at?  Hydro Ax 670 with 5.9 Cummins

mudfarmer

I doubt that Hydro Ax made the switch, do you have a pic, part #, brand name?

This came up in a search, Server Error
Forestry Parts > Hydro-Ax  > Electrical Components

TFordALA

On the switch it has SWF and a sticker with numbers 511.214 0419

TFordALA

I pulled the sticker off and the number is 511.211 SWF

mudfarmer

I only looked for a couple minutes while waiting for some stuff to happen but that looks like a hard switch to find. It cross references to a bunch of others that are also hard to find ;D

Maybe get in touch with forestryparts.com (not affiliated, never bought anything from them, dont' know anything about them)  and see if it is either of the "Binary Switch"es that they have listed? $50 hard to swallow for a switch but not if it gets you up and running. Similar SWF switches that might work, might not, I don't know are that much or more though.

If you look it up it cross references to a Hella switch and they have the wiring diagram, might be able to find something else to slot in there based on that if all else fails. Best of luck

mike_belben

Try those numbers on digikey.com.  epic electronic component supplier. 
Praise The Lord

kiko

Since you have determined the switch is bad this is probably moot. The switch does not transfer voltage, it is a ground signal( return).  Since there is not an accerator pedal on the hydro ax it will use the cruise control port or the pto throttle control ports

.  Hard to see , but if you get into further diagnostic I will try to get pictures that are clearer.

TFordALA

I was wrong on the switch..finally found one but still same thing..idles fine just wont rev up at all..ive checked every connection i can find and still nothing..it was working fine then 1 day nothing...ive checked all breakers and relays and swapped them around..still nothing..is there any connections or fuses or relays on this machine that are hidden that I havnt seen? At my witts end with it..good machine..just 1 issue after another it seems.

mike_belben

which injection pump is on this 5.9 cummins?  inline or rotary?  

either way i have to assume a linear actuator strokes the governor shaft and is suspect. 
Praise The Lord

kiko

Mike, it is a vp44 pump.  It is electronically controlled.  The pump has its own module. 

mike_belben

gotcha.. all i know about VP44 is its not a P7100 so i never had one. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!