iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day watching videos of WM

Started by Peter Drouin, February 02, 2015, 11:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

In the comments it says it's a 12 volt air compressor for the debarker in/out mechanism.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Percy

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 04, 2015, 12:03:35 PM
What is the blue tank on top of the mill?
Ya, its a12 volt air compressor for the debarker in out air cylinder. I cut alot of knotty spruce and that rod with the spring on it that keeps the debarker head against the log kept bending because of the violent nature of the debarker. Then it wouldnt work proper so I devised this system that works well for me. If I won the lottery, Id buy one of them hewmungus whole log debarkers  ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

4x4American

I just watched a WM video of a 40 hyd for sale, it has an operatpr's seat.  Now my question is...how can you see that the blade isn't going to hit the log clamp from the operators seat?
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Percy on February 04, 2015, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 04, 2015, 12:03:35 PM
What is the blue tank on top of the mill?
Ya, its a12 volt air compressor for the debarker in out air cylinder. I cut alot of knotty spruce and that rod with the spring on it that keeps the debarker head against the log kept bending because of the violent nature of the debarker. Then it wouldnt work proper so I devised this system that works well for me. If I won the lottery, Id buy one of them hewmungus whole log debarkers  ;D ;D

If the limbs are cut flush with the log It will help a lot. I most times will trim up a log.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Chuck White

Quote from: 4x4American on February 04, 2015, 11:01:41 PM
I just watched a WM video of a 40 hyd for sale, it has an operatpr's seat.  Now my question is...how can you see that the blade isn't going to hit the log clamp from the operators seat?

This is where you would want to know the height of the clamp and the log stops!

For instance, on my mill I know that if the blade is set at 11¼" I know it will clear the logstops and 5½" will clear the clamp !
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

Quote from: 4x4American on February 04, 2015, 11:01:41 PMit has an operatpr's seat.  Now my question is...how can you see that the blade isn't going to hit the log clamp from the operators seat?
Very simple, you just lean over and look.  All of my sawing (except 20') is with an operator's seat.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

I wasn't sure you could see the other side from the seat.  I think that the operator in the video I watched would have fell out of the seat if he tried to lean over.
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

Leaning is not a problem.  You always have to lean over to check the height of the log clamp, etc.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

I'm fairly sure that Magicman tends to lean toward the right anyway. :)
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

DMcCoy

Quote from: 4x4American on February 05, 2015, 01:49:38 PM
I wasn't sure you could see the other side from the seat.  I think that the operator in the video I watched would have fell out of the seat if he tried to lean over.

You have to wear the seat belt  ;D

4x4American

They have a seatbelt on them things!!!?

Hey at least he don't lean to the wrong side!
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJKnPs3VCpw

Here's part 1 of a 3 part series.  Not very long but interesting.
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

A good day for it -2 with a wind of 30 mph :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

YellowHammer

Quote from: Percy on February 04, 2015, 10:58:15 AM
Im not sure if this is allowed here so remove if its outta line.
Just a vid of my setup cutting cottonwood 4x4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGVWx5fD4Us

Percy, how about a few closeups of your conveyer system?  It looks very effective.  Who makes it?
Thanks
YH
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Foxtrapper

Man it's cold here...I'm gonna watch some videos of making a wood gasifer..or something :D
2014 WoodMizer LT28

Sixacresand

I love the video, 4 x 4,  Lots of unguarded moving parts.  A government safety inspector would have a field day flling out citations.   ;)
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Percy

Percy

Quote from: YellowHammer on February 16, 2015, 08:53:36 AM
Quote from: Percy on February 04, 2015, 10:58:15 AM
Im not sure if this is allowed here so remove if its outta line.
Just a vid of my setup cutting cottonwood 4x4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGVWx5fD4Us

Percy, how about a few closeups of your conveyer system?  It looks very effective.  Who makes it?
Thanks
YH
Here is a short vid i took yesterday of how I use the rollcase
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgysGiFXg80

Also this pic shows therollers. Ones on the left are live, the ones on the right are dead

The slabs usually go of the first chute and beams off the second one 

Peter Drouin

Nice set up, It's always good to see other WM set up. Thanks, you gave me some ideas.
It's 35° with sun. I went out to finish an order and the battery is dead on the mill, Off to get a new one. There's always something with this cold weather. :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Percy

Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 18, 2015, 12:26:42 PM
Nice set up, It's always good to see other WM set up. Thanks, you gave me some ideas.
It's 35° with sun. I went out to finish an order and the battery is dead on the mill, Off to get a new one. There's always something with this cold weather. :D :D :D :D :D
Battery dead....ya, if I had a nickle for everytime that happened to me,......

related joke: A small sawmiller wins the lottery and is being interviewed on tv.
The reporter asks "So Mr Drouin :D, what are you gonna do with your millions?"
"Pay some bills." answers Mr Drouin.
"What about the rest??" asks the reporter.
"They will just have to wait."says Mr. Drouin....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Percy on February 19, 2015, 10:27:24 AM
Quote from: Peter Drouin on February 18, 2015, 12:26:42 PM
Battery dead....ya, if I had a nickle for everytime that happened to me,......

related joke: A small sawmiller wins the lottery and is being interviewed on tv.
The reporter asks "So Mr Drouin :D, what are you gonna do with your millions?"
"Pay some bills." answers Mr Drouin.
"What about the rest??" asks the reporter.
"They will just have to wait."says Mr. Drouin....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

This isn't a WM video, but its a good one.  I've watched it proberly 5 times since I first stumbled across it.
You may have seen it before cause it's world wide famous but oh well here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M57eCpaJuX4
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!