iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

372xp?

Started by Knute, October 29, 2013, 08:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knute

I recently purchased a rebuilt 372 on ebay. Everything seems fine except the saw idles way to fast and I can't slow it down using the idle adjustment. Do I need to go to the H & L adjustments to slow it down?  It starts very good where it is now. Thought someone with more experience with this saw might know. The seller is 1400 miles away and I hate to send it back.

thecfarm

I'm only guessing,air leak? I just had some trouble with mine. Does it do it steady,even if the saw in upside down,sideways,right side up???
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Knute

Thanks. Not sure. I can check that tomorrow. It does have a new crankcase gasket and new boot. I can slow it down by hand if I press down on the throttle at the carb. Also has new gas lines.

thecfarm

That sounds like the same thing that cost me $250 a few months ago.  :o  I just had an impulse hose go on it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

tlandrum

if you can push on the throttle arm and slow the idle that means your throttle is not shutting completely.  make sure there is not anything holding it open.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

John R

Does that saw have a idle screw (LA), if so try backing it out a little.
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

wcorey

H mixture adj shouldn't affect idle speed but the L mixture adj certainly can, try backing it out a bit.

Knute

Took saw to dealer today. Told me throttle was ok and I may have air leak. Also cylinder has damage. Turned out to be a bad purchase. I'll try to resolve it with ebay.

rattler

Dang hate to hear that hope it turns out good for you.

Thank You Sponsors!