iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New help at the mill yard

Started by Bruno of NH, September 20, 2022, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

2007 Kubota L3240 with 280 original hours

Bought it from my uncle but he will have use of it in the summer till he stays in Nevada year round 
It came with rear blade , meteor rear snow blower with power chutes, pallet forks and brush hog.
It was to good of a deal to pass on.
It will be nice to have around for a pinch.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Walnut Beast

Looks pretty nice!! Congratulations 💪

YellowHammer

280 hours is barely broke in.   Congratulations on a good deal! 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

doc henderson

It will be nice to have period, not just in a pinch.  great!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Resonator

Nice! smiley_thumbsup
07' might be old enough to be pre-regen emissions.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Bruno of NH

That's the great thing no regen.
It's faded a little from the sun.
I need to add a third function kit for my grapple forks.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

WV Sawmiller

Good looking machine. I am sure it will be a big help around the mill.

Your sharing arrangement with your uncle about it reminded me of the story by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings about 2 old derelicts down in Fla who bought a mule on halves. One was going to use him to turn a cane mill in the Fall and winter and the other was going to use him in the spring and summer to plant a garden. They bought him in the Fall so the cane mill operator used him all winter then in the Spring when the farmer went to use him he found all the mule would do was plow in little tight circles. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

B.C.C. Lapp

I have an L series.  Like it an awful lot.  I think you will to
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

petefrom bearswamp

You will love that machine.
Cant go wrong with a Kubota.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

samandothers

I have the same make, model and year, in a 42 hp hydrostatic.  It is my only piece of equipment to move logs and stuff.  It is very handy and a good size for me.  I have a WR Long 3rd function valve with integrates really well with the joystick.  As you probably know the tractor has a lower lift capacity than what you are used to.  Also, the weight of the grapple eats up quite a bit of its capacity.  

Bruno of NH

I'm just using it for light moving
Big Bob's getting put back together for the big stuff
When the John Deere wheel loader goes back

Nebraska

Looks awesome Bruno, the snowblower will come in handy, yes if you can add a accessory function valve to the loader it's worth it. I run my grapple with the rear hydraulics  levers on my tractors  and it's fine but I don't make my living handling logs and sawing like you do. You will enjoy the versatility of that tractor it can do little things quick without taking big Bob away from another task....so handy! :)

barbender

Also, it will fill in nicely on those days when Bob is feeling a bit moody. Something tells me that Kubota will always be ready to go to work👍
Too many irons in the fire

SawyerTed

You will appreciate that Kubota.  Ours have been very reliable tractors. 

We have MX series Kubotas.  My MX5100 is slightly larger/higher hp at 52hp than the L3240.  It is a little light for log and lumber handling due to the lift capacity and light rear end.  I use my BIL's MX5700 when I need a little more power.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

crazy4saws

Congratulations, deals like that are few and far between. I've been pleased with my 2008 L3240, bought it used in 2017 with 380hrs, it's around 1,110hr now. LA725 or 726 FEL. The transmission input shaft seal blew around 700hrs, had to split tractor. Dealer said new seal assembly was improved design. Hope you don't run into that with yours. Other wise a great tractor with no emissions, good fuel usage too. 

3rd function controls integrated into loader joy stick are very convenient

Beet juice loaded rear tires add a lot to FEL working capacity on this tractor. 

78NHTFY

Bruno--nice addition to your yard!  Have similar one: L-3350.  One word: RELIABLE!  Always starts, always runs.  Pic pulling L-2250 which I "rolled". Backhoe weight really helps with loader lift stability.
BTW, how wide can your saw cut?  Have a "fattie" I need to have sawn.  Best, Rob.

If you have time, you win....

Bruno of NH

Menagerie-Manor

Quote from: Bruno of NH on September 20, 2022, 06:38:26 PM
That's the great thing no regen.
It's faded a little from the sun.
I need to add a third function kit for my grapple forks.
I'm a relative tractor newbie here and I learned a lot over at the "Tractor BY Net" website, great bunch over there and a lot of technical advice.
TractorByNet - Tractor Forum
If you come to a fork in the road take it.....

Woodland Mills HM126
Yanmar YM2310D
Stihl 031AV
Stihl MS251

Thank You Sponsors!