iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ez Boardwalk

Started by hopm, July 14, 2020, 03:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopm

IThanks to each of you who have returned calls and answered my questions regarding ez boardwalk. You have been very helpful! It's a big jump for me and one I'm really close to taking after 5 or more years of looking I still have some questions about the model 40. 
1) what is the bed width between the rails?
2)Does it have an hour meter?
3)how much effort is involved in raising the head?
4) Any shipping suggestions?
5) how many 1" boards can you cut from a cant before you have to unload?
6)anybody set theirs up to run with trailer package in place?

Thanks again for any assistance!!!

Bruno of NH

I don't think it has an hour meter.
But easy to put one on.
I had a Honda on my first mill.
Tiny tac or similar. 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

TroyC

hopm- I sent pics, hope you got them.
Recap- 40" between rails. Head raises easily, yes, has hour meter, run mine with wheels on it, don't know how many you can cut before unloading but I think I cut 5-6 12" slabs one time before unloading.

reinela

Hopm:

Run mine with wheels off, takes about an hour to remove axle and level. It keeps mill lower to the ground. If you google EZ Boardwalk pictures, you can find one with trailer jacks added to allow leveling with wheels on. As Troy C said, 40" between rails, but I think blade will raise a max of about 34" for first cut. 34 " is max cut width anyway. As far as shipping goes I was only 3 hours from their shop so I drive to pick mine up. You can ask Stanton about shipping options.
Lee A. Reiners
Reiners Tree & Lumber Milling Service
309-830-7380
reinela@hotmail.com

Thank You Sponsors!