iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tilt on blade wheels

Started by welderskelter, June 30, 2018, 07:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welderskelter

I think I remember reading somewhere that I need to tilt the band wheels forward on the top so when pushing thru the log the top leads, right. Help. Harold

WV Sawmiller

What kind of mill are you running? As far as I know my bands are completely horizontal. WM provides a blade guide tilt tool to clamp on the blade and set screws on the rollers to adjust to keep it level. I always thought the roller wheels are completely vertical.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

bandmiller2

Harold, check out some of Cooks videos I believe they have discussed it. On the other axis I have found you need your wheels toed out slightly to compensate for when they are tightened. Bands and wheels are very much like like putting a belt on a belt sander minor adjustments mean a lot. Good band mills are adjustable on all axis and sometimes you just have to try a different setting. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

ladylake

Cooks has mentioned tilting the big wheels a little ahead at the top of the wheels, the blade will be made level to the bed with the guide rollers.  They recommend somewhere around 1/8" tilt, cant really see where that will make much difference.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!