iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

buying echo cs-670 any other choices?

Started by davefrommd, February 02, 2005, 10:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefrommd

I'm planning on buying an echo cs-670 this week from the local stihl dealer and wanted to know is there a stihl or huskey in that range of saw I should consider looking at as well. I'm buying the echo to just try a different brand of saw.  I have the stihl 440 already. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance   dave

jokers

I`m figuring that if you already have a 440, you`re going to be disappointed in the 670.

I occassionally will try different brands but it`s only when the specs or feel give me the impression that the item in question is a step up.

The Husky 365, or better yet 372, would be viable alternatives. Then atleast you`ll have a cleaner air filter and better anti vibe. If you`ve never run a newer Husky, you can`t understand how much smoother they are to cut with.

I don`t mean to knock the 670, I`ve no doubt that it is rock solid in quality, it`s just not a typical choice for someone who already has a 440 and 066.

Russ

DanG

Just for giggles, I looked up the thread where I first bought my 670.  Lots of questions that were presented there have since been answered. The 670 was a relatively new product at that time. 

I've had the saw for over 2 years, now, and continue to be pleased with it, as well as with the dealer.  The latter is the most important part of the equation, in my book.  He's 35 miles away, and there are Stihl and Husky dealers within 10 miles, but I'll go to him anyway. :)

Here's the old thread, I hope.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=541.0
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

davefrommd

I also use a mcculloch pm10-10 with 28" bar and another pm10-10 with a 20" bar.  I like the side mounted muffler as the exhaust exits out of the side of the chainsaw. I do like my stihl 440 as well. Well thanks everyone for your input. dave

Thank You Sponsors!