iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What A Monday !

Started by Autocar, August 23, 2010, 07:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I moved the skidder from the ash job up north to another job  . I get there this morning and I have a flat tire on the rear. A 24.5 / 32-18 ply one hundred fifty bucks and three hours later I cut my first tree of the day,it sat on the edge of the woods and I had to cable it then pull it over back wards. Get it on the ground and the cable won't stop winding, so another hour lost working on that. I cut a veneer walnut next and it cuts with a hole in the middle so it looks like I will lose about two feet off the butt. The third tree cut was full of frickin honey bees by now I am starting to think I should of stayed home. I cut a few more trees but the bees won't settle down following me right out to the landing. So I shut her down and came home, theres always tomarrow  ;D
Bill

red oaks lumber

some days you are the dog, other days you are the fire hydrant!
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

chucker

:D ;D  some days are diamonds, and some are stone! have a few buckies and be the latter...
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

treefarmer87

i have alot of bad days dont feel bad we all have them. i put a load on the truck fri, took it too the mill this mornin. then i went back to the landing put on another load that i had also cut fri, then cut another and stacked it by the loader for tomm.
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Okrafarmer

I lost my drivers license and debit card out of my wallet Saturday (but not several other things that were in there including two business credit cards) and then today I lose my phone (my only cell phone, and it technically belongs to my boss). Had to use my wife's cell all day and leave her with no phone and it appears my phone is gone for good. I didn't actually start working today until afternoon, first with having to go get my new DL, then go to the bank to ask for a new debit card, then the boss still didn't have a place for me to go with the load of wood chips, then he calls me and tells me, and within a few minutes after that I lost my phone and spend basically an hour trying to find it! Then trying to dig fence post holes with the tractor for my boss, and we hit a root and bent the auger! I feel your pain!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Norm

Since Patty never reads this section....

She's got the push mower out and tells me she's going to mow next to the house where all the utilities come in. Now I tell her be careful and don't hit something with it I don't need to be doing repairs in 90° heat in full sun. So I head out in the big mower only to come back and see the push parked and her with a big roll of duct tape. :D

Okrafarmer

And I think my phone is lost for good. Now I have to buy a new one!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

sandhills

Don't mean to change the thread, Monday was fine, even caught a half inch of rain last night which we needed badly however Tuesday was a bummer.  Got some pasure we rent 40 or so miles from home and got a call this am that cows were out.  So we go truckin up there find em in relatively short order and think we got them all in.  Go fix fence in the next pasture we rotate to so as to move them.  Last winter was pretty brutal around here and awful hard on fences but we got it done and got them all gathered.  The fences here aren't top notch to begin with, anybody that fixes really old barb wire knows what I mean and the snow through the blowouts and plum thickets just leveled em.  Get it all done, let em back out to find out we're still 2 pair short.  Long story short looked and trailed a few more hours and got everything where they need to be.  Got home at 930 tonight. 

Autocar

After reading everyones post my week looks pretty good. It ended up this morning with one log buyer buying all the swamp white oak ,so I was pretty pleased. The tire bill came yesturday it turned out to be $297.00 to fix rather then what I had paid the last time. I also cut some ash on this job only to find out the ash borer is even closer. One tree had hundreds of the worms tunneling under the bark but the rest didn't show any sign. The interesting thing we could only fine just a few D holes. They must lay a heck of alot of eggs. I still have a 17 foot 27 inch veneer walnut log to sell so that should be the iceing on the cake.
Bill

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Autocar on August 27, 2010, 04:48:31 PMI still have a 17 foot 27 inch veneer walnut log to sell so that should be the iceing on the cake.

I don't know if you want to tell, but when you sell it I sure would be curious to know how much you get! And how I could get in touch with them if I ever find one again! :o

Autocar

Okrafarmer no problem I will fill you in Monday night with a little bit of luck.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!