iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Are Monday's Bad ?

Started by pineywoods, October 22, 2012, 11:29:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Today (monday) starts out a fresh new week, but I'm a bit afraid to start anything after last monday.. Started to go pick up some logs from a lot clearing job in town. I should have just stayed in bed
Started to hitch my trailer to the truck, tongue jack collapsed, used the tractor fel to lift it up on the bumper hitch.
Started to cut some logs to length and the chainsaw quit.
Oh well, I'll load up some logs and haul a load, bring back another saw.
Got 4 logs on the trailer before the  the tractor quit.
Started home with a partial load, 2 miles out of town, flat tire on the trailer, tire shredded. Pulled over to fix that, discovered the lights on the trailer don't work, and the spare is flat. I just pulled off the flat tire/wheel and chained up the axle (2 axle trailer) and limped home. Unloaded logs, replaced the shredded tire, aired up the spare and went back to retrieve the tractor. It still wouldn't start, had to winch it up on the trailer. Finally got everything home, parked the truck and just went in the house and flopped in the recliner, afraid to touch anything. Start fixing stuff tomorrow.. :(

The rest  of the story:
Threaded acme nut in the jack is stripped, ordered new jack.
Cracked fuel line inside the fuel tank on the chainsaw, runs ok if tank is full
Broken ground wire connecting trailer to truck
Can't complain too much about tires. My trailer uses mobile home tires, cheap or even free..
If anybody needs to know, a kubota tractor won't run very well on a 50/50 mix of diesel and gasoline...Yup, I joined the group that has, fueled up the tractor from the wrong jug.. >:( Half a day to drain and flush the fuel system.

Today is monday again and I still need to haul the rest of them logs, think I will wait till tomorrow.. ::)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

tcsmpsi

Bad?....I think sadistic might better some Mondays.   :D
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Cypressstump

Dog gone bud.... You may oughta stay close to house today, like Inside tha' house close ! ;)

My Monday does not seem to bad now all of a sudden.. sorry for you 'trials'. As said to me more than once, 'What don't kill you makes you stronger".
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Warbird

My last Monday was bad enough that I took this one off.  :)

Kansas

My Monday morning started off with a phone call from work. Seems a whole lot of metal was missing. A winch for parts for the Franklin skidder, bunch of weldable metal, other stuff. Casey asks two of them that were suspected. They said no, they didn't take it. She goes to the local junkyard with another employee. Sure enough, they hauled it in. Most of it was recovered. She promptly fired them. And the worst part is, one of them, she had been seeing.

tcsmpsi

Keep your 'enemies' close.   ;D

Glad you were able to recover, Kansas.
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

Raider Bill

Root Canal for me first thing this morning. :'(
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

gunman63

Kansas, it mite not be a bad thing for Casey, should  found out what the  guy was like, good time for her to pull the pin with him.

Den Socling

I had a flat tire on a busy interchange in Williamsport this morning. Compared to you, pineywoods, that was a walk in a park.

grweldon

I've had things like that happen on other days!  Not just Mondays!  Usually things like that happen for me on Saturdays.  Two Saturdays ago for instance.  I go out and find a flat tire on my work truck, the ones I use to skid the waste trees and tops to the burn pile.  Spare was flat.  Took the spare to the nearest gas stations...6 miles away with the girlfriends truck.  Bring the spare back, put it on, drag one pile of waste to the pile.  Truck died and wouldn't restart.  Dead battery.  So I figure I'll mow the grass.  Lawn tractor starts, blows out black smoke and dies.  Won't restart.  Pull the carb off and the needle in the float bowl is sticking open.  I figured I would at least cut down some more trees in the area where my barn is going.  I flood my brand new Husky and couldn't start it.  I fire up my Stihl and it's wavering in RPM... needs a new carb diaphram.  Good thing I didn't have any logs to mill!  I figured I would call it quits and go watch football at the Girlfriend's house!

So far, I've fixed the Stihl, learned how to start the Husky, charged the battery in the truck, fixed the flat again (just put air in it).  Changed the float needle in the lawn tractor.  Lawn tractor ran good for about 2 hours.  Started it again last Saturday, needle still sticking, guess I'll have to change the seat now!  Oh well.  That's how things go sometimes, not just limited to Mondays!

Have fun y'all!  Especially you Pineywoods!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Norm

Boy I've had some bad Mondays Wayne but I think you've got be beat with that one!

Now Sunday I drove the big 4wd tractor too close under a tree and broke the exhaust stack in two.  :D

thecfarm

pineywoods,Mondays are bad for you.
Raider Bill,put your leathers on and take a bike ride North. I have a mighty fine dentist that does root canal. She did 2 in one day for me. I feel asleep on her when she was only doing one root canal on me. I got my wife going to her. She really likes her. I never had one done until I was 45. Man I was some scared about it because of hearing stories. No problem at all.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Planman1954

Dear Piney:

I know you volunteered to help me move my tractor with your trailer.

Nevermind....

I'm worried about you.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

SPIKER

Mine is usually Sunday late that something water pipe or line will break and nothing will be open...

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

WDH

Wayne, whatever you do, stay in the easy chair  :D.  That is awful.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Okrafarmer

I had a pretty good Monday. For the most part. Now you've got me cringing that Tuesday might be my Monday.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

sandhills

My wife had a great Monday, got an unexpected bonus check at work, on my end not so great but not near as bad as yours Piney.  Don't worry about it much though the sun will rise tomorrow and there will be different troubles to deal with  :).

Bill Gaiche

Pineywoods, sounds like you have everything in order now for at least a few more Mondays. Good luck though, bg

Meadows Miller

Gday

Sorry to hear you had onea them days Mate  ;) to console you I got a flat on My truck too yesterday sat was a motor that got hot in the middle of nowhere 160mi from home on dads Isuzu and having to walk across a wet cow field to the water trough to get water about 1/4 mile to get there and go upto me shins in cow patts which i was not to impressed about at the time   ;) :D :D ;D 8)

that reminds me  a mate and i use to say to eachover at a mill we worked at just another day at  humpty dumpty sawmills we had two neglected mills we where pushing for production with alot of patch n mend every day it seemed  good times :) ;) :D ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

pineywoods

I waited a few days, fixed most of the broke stuff, and chanced going back after the rest of the logs. Surprise surprise, everything went well, not a hint of any trouble. I got these..

Pine sawlogs

hickory

oak

Eastern red cedar, these 3 16 ft logs all from the same tree

Seeing a run of good luck, I made a side trip to visit an elderly gent up in south arkansas. I thought I must have gone through some kind of time warp and wound up in Ironwoods place. Two large buildings in his back yard all full of good stuff. He even had a small skidsteer in his shop to move stuff around. I came home with this: 12 X 36 clausing industrial lathe

There's more.. A neighbor calls and says, "I have this old table saw in my barn. It's in my way, you can have it if you want it.. OH did I ever want it..

Life is GOOD  8)  8)
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390

Okrafarmer

8) 8) 8) 8)
Your ship came in today, Pineywoods! Good for you. It was a fairly good day for me too.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

WDH

A man has to bide his time.  You bode time well  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

grweldon

The tablesaw looks like a Powermatic... am I correct?  I've always wanted one!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

pineywoods

Quote from: grweldon on November 01, 2012, 07:56:59 AM
The tablesaw looks like a Powermatic... am I correct?  I've always wanted one!

Old Delta Unisaw, usually considered the caddilac of table saws. Iccing on the cake, a while back a friend gave me a power feeder built for unisaws. He didn't know what it was, but I never turn down free goodies  ;D All I have to do is clean it up a bit, and swap out the 3 phase motor.

clww

Monday morning, the family (wife, me, and the dogs) are at the cabin. Finally got the wife up there for 5 days. I figure we'll go into Monterey for breakfast, viewing the snow on the way. The last time we had snow in October in VA was in 1980. She, the dogs, and I get in her SUV and head down the driveway. We had an inch of snow the night before, 50 MPH wind gusts from "Sandy", and it's 29 degrees. We drive about 100 yards and encounter the first blow down across the road. It's small, but too big to drag out of the way. Turn around and go back to get a saw out of the cabin. Cut enough of the tree to proceed down the driveway again. 30 minutes later, we get near the end of the driveway, and there's the second tree. This one broke up on impact into nice short pieces so I don't need the saw, but lots of limbs from this dead Hemlock. We get to town an hour plus behind schedule. I look at the one blinking light at "The Intersection" and it's out, so no power in town. I drive up to "The Diner", and they have the generator going, and candles on the tables. This is like the only place that's open, so they have a lot of business for 10 am on a Monday. We eat and start the return to the cabin 2 hours later. In hindsight, I should have made breakfast on the wood stove. It was an adventure, though.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!