iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How many sawmills have you seen run (personal and commercial)

Started by hackberry jake, February 27, 2013, 11:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

millwright

hackberry jake

I forgot about the lucas slabber. I saw one of those run too

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

reride82

Jake,

I have only seen one mill operating in person, and that is mine, which still amazes people I was able to get it going. But, that task was mainly because of the Forestry Forum, youtube, and old sawmill manuals.  :P
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

harrymontana

50 - 60 different mills in Brazil as a buyer,
10 - 15 different mills being a mill owner myself in Brazil
10 - 15 different mills being a miller myzelf in Bolivia. Mills exchange wood, personal and tolls so we have frequent contact

everything on hardwood

hackberry jake

Harrymontana, I thought MY slab pile was out of hand. Thanks for making me feel better about my little pile  8)

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

beenthere

Was seeing that slab pile too. Harry, what are the plans for that huge pile of slabs?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Brucer

Let's see ... mills actually running, in person, not including demos at shows ??? ???.

Circle mills: 2, both commercial, one of them where I worked as a teenager.
Chain saw mills: 1 (mine).
Swing blades: 0, but still looking.
Band mills: 3 personal, 9 commercial, including mine (I only counted one of mine). Those include everything from an LT40, right up through the WM catalog to an LT300. The biggest one was a vertical bandsaw that cut in both directions.

The bandmills were all in the last 9 years.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

harrymontana

Quote from: hackberry jake on February 28, 2013, 06:00:20 PM
Harrymontana, I thought MY slab pile was out of hand. Thanks for making me feel better about my little pile  8)

this is pretty clean actually. It's amazing how much waste you produce milling logs
everything on hardwood

hackberry jake

I saw a boardwalk 40 and various woodmizers at a farm show. But they were just demos. I don't know if I should count those or not.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Thank You Sponsors!