iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cat vs bobcat skid steer

Started by sully, March 25, 2013, 05:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

If you are looking at rubber tire machines, the longer the wheelbase the more stable they tend to be. Also, over the tire steel tracks make them much more aggresive and stable. One thing about the Cat machines- with the vertical lift models, if you work in tight spaces, you will back into stuff with it.
Too many irons in the fire

red oaks lumber

tire size make a huge differance! i run 14 x 17.5 gives me 11" of ground clearance and a very smooth ride.
i cant speak of other brands but, deere has settings in the computer to adjust and fine tune all the hydralic settings to your own likes. which once you have them set how you like it becomes a whole new machine. also if your not a good operator the brand dosent matter, skill is everything.
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

ladylake

I've driven too many bobcats (not all) that  were jerky, something no operator can overcome.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Robert Duval

Cat and ASV run the same bottom ends on the tracked units. Stay away from them unless you absolutely need the lift capacity. The bottom ends are very expensive to keep up. I have ran alot of different machines and they all have their good points and bad. Cat and Bobcat are expensive names. Parts are expensive for both as well. I have a preferance to cat but that's because I have worked on them, understand their crazy parts system and have the most saddle time in them. See which dealer is willing to give you better deal and most importantly who will give you a better warranty.

okmulch

Quote from: barbender on April 01, 2013, 10:48:38 AM
I'd debate the the track machines not beating you up. The rigid rubber u/c machines will beat you up bad, especially once the tracks get worn down a bit. They are definitely more stable though.
Thats why the air ride seats in the CAT's are nice.

One of the main reasons we use CAT is that we have a part drop box in my town. I can order a part in the afternoon and have it at 7:30 in the morning at the drop box. CAT is more expensive it seems but getting parts without having to drive for 2 to 3 hours round trip is nice.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

Thank You Sponsors!