iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am officially declaring 1/11/11 to be the DanG Day

Started by Jeff, January 11, 2011, 10:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

There is no doubt about it, this has to be the DanG day because there has been a sign. An undeniable dang sign that this is the Dang day.  A DanG post was made on this DanG day that can never be duplicated by anyone here. It truly must be a sign, or as some might think a conspiracy!

Check it out for yourself.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ely

Magicman

Well, Happy DanG Day to everyone, especially to DanG !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I beleive that DanG may be held against his will right now with his hands tied to keep him from posting and removing our only shred of evidence of what might be "going on"

Warbird

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Magicman

Maybe you could freeze it  :D :D,  Na, he's got to mess it up all by himself.  DanG !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I'm sorry to say that now DanG has been banned from posting on the Forestry Forum because it was decided that we cannot take the chance of having our New DanG day being tarnished by allowing DanG to post any longer and thus removing the reason for our celebration. This is not my doing, it comes from a higher, secret authority.

Raider Bill

My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Jeff

There is talk of revolution and a free DanG movement, but its only talk. Or is it?

ARKANSAWYER

If DanG is covered with snow and as cold as I am then he needs to be able to post.  Being a Southern Boy like me we are not used to this and can not handle this kind of torture and abuse.
  But this day is as good as any other day to be DanG free!    8)
ARKANSAWYER

Jeff

There is a huge reason the snow and Ice and cold are being sent to the south but they ain't telling us.  DanG knew, now, no ding danG DanG. 

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ErikC

I hope he can at least read our posts, so I can wish DanG a "Happy DanG Day DanG"
And we can tease him mercilessly with no chance to fight back smiley_gossip
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Jeff

Jeff

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 11, 2011, 11:17:11 AM
WHAT?

I've inquired Don, and they said to tell you that's not something you have clearance to know, or the capabilities to understand.

Raider Bill

I see him sitting in a bunker feet up .45 hanging low, natty lite in each hand puffing away grinning.

ErikC

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 11, 2011, 11:33:07 AM
I see him sitting in a bunker feet up .45 hanging low, natty lite in each hand puffing away grinning.
That is pretty much how I have always seen him ;D
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Faron

Not only is it a conspiracy, but DanG has planning this day since October 24, 2001, 01:11:45 pm.  Want proof?  Notice that he joined at 1:11 PM. :o  I rest my case.  8)
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Jeff

ARKANSAWYER

I wonder if it was the Grits that got him banned?  ???  I told him from time to time you have to comb them out of your beard.
ARKANSAWYER

nas

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Holmes

That is amazing. Do you thing he planned it from birth? :)  No ONE can duplicate that!!!!!!!!!
Think like a farmer.

Brad_bb

What DinG DonGs we have here, Happy DanG Day DanG!  :D
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Mooseherder

Magicman

Where is Mikey when we need him  ???  We gotta have someone to blame and Mikey always did it.  DanG.

Stephen1

it must be a DanG Day, nothing is going as planned, might be time to sit back and put my feet up...
Happy DanG Day to DanG
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Raider Bill

Mikey was replaced by George Bush.

Anybody hear from Tom? They could be together plotting and BBQing you know. If there were ever 2 conspiratorial fellers  on the FF it'd be them 2 be my bet.

Roxie

Say when

metalspinner

Wasn't this day predicted in one of Nostradamus' quatrains???
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

doctorb

Much as I enjoy the celebration, I can't tell you how much I miss DanG.  Maybe he was swept away by aliens. (Boy are they in for a surprise!) Maybe he doesn't really exist and is just a fig newton of Jeff's imagination.  Maybe he was caught stealing in Saudi Arabia and had his hands removed and can't type anymore.  And despite the hoopla, it saddens me that we now honor him with his own day, becasue all those complicit government holidays (that some people get off) are for dead people!  Please don't tell me he's gone!  DanG it DanG!  I wish I could show you but, DanG it, you are a double No. 1 in my book!  Happy DanG Day!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Coon

Happy DanG day DanG you are definately one of a kind if you know what I mean. ;)  :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Jeff

Well, I've been informed that I can divulge that Dang had been put in the Witless Protection Program. This is much different then the program you may be thinking of. In this case, DanG was following an undercover assignment within the WPP that lead him here to his home at the Forestry Forum. His cover was blown in our restricted area while trying to protect the witless, so now, he's on a several hour recuperative sabbatical at a hops and barley symposium, where he is, and always has been fully recognizable.

In short, he should be back soon. ;)

Raider Bill

Jeff

Put a white beard and a ballcap on that photo and the mystery deepens.

Bill

I'm afeared to go outside - surely he didn't get to where he is      a l o n e     !

May his day be remembered for all time 

Holmes

Quote from: Holmes on January 11, 2011, 12:47:33 PM
That is amazing. Do you thing he planned it from birth? :)  No ONE can duplicate that!!!!!!!!!
DanG it I should have said from day 1 , not birth   DanG nabit
Think like a farmer.

doctorb

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

scgargoyle

Well, we got all the DanG decorations up, the DanG ham is in the oven; now the missus wants to sing DanG carols! Is it me, or is it one DanG holiday after another his time of year? I went to get da wife a DanG card, and wouldn't you know- they were all out! That's what I get for shopping on DanG Day's Eve!!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Cedarman

With all the snow down south, isn't it time to sing DanGle Bells?
What a happy DanG day for DanG.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

SwampDonkey

Well, he's becoming a relic around here. May have spotted him in the local coffee shop. :D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Slabs

Speaking of conspiracies . . . 

this one looks REALLY DanGerous!!
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

sawman

Well I guess  I'll join in too
Happy DanG day everyone.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Gary_C

From that picture, I'm guessing that Tom and DanG are twins.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

okmulch

I can not believe this DanG day is almost over. I can not wait until the next DanG day!!!
Happy DanG day to all and to all a good night.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

doctorb

Jeff

DanG

Boy, those Witless Protection people are tough!  Gotta slip back in there and see if I can get the cognito I was in back.  I'll look around for Tom while I'm there.  His cellmate hasn't figured out who he is.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

Well DanG!

Glad to see ya.  Or whats left of ya. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Radar67

"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DanG

Yeah they did! >:(  I'll get it back tonight, but I gotta be careful.  I don't know who those WPP people are, but the bossman reminds me a lot of Jesse Ventura.  Them folks don't want to believe nothing you say.  Their minds seem to be made up and don't want to be confused with facts.  I hope Tom's ok.

Banjo picker

It will be easy to rember this DanG Day....Debbie an I are celebrating our 36 aniv..today..Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

Is that really you under there  ???  Don't tell me that when the snow melted, yours did too.   :-\

Your escape-i-paid caused quite a stir.   Glad to have you back friend.   ;D

Jasperfield

I'm DanG glad to know it's DanG day. I'll have to be DanG careful what I post.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Jeff on January 11, 2011, 11:30:06 AM
Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 11, 2011, 11:17:11 AM
WHAT?

I've inquired Don, and they said to tell you that's not something you have clearance to know, or the capabilities to understand.

Don,

And if we told you, we'd have to shoot you...

Herb

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Mooseherder

Meadows Miller

Quote from: Slabs on January 11, 2011, 06:09:55 PM
Speaking of conspiracies . . .  

this one looks REALLY DanGerous!!

Its the calm before the DanG storm  ;) :D ;D Have a good one DanG  ;) ;D
4TH Generation Timbergetter

gary

Dang it I almost missed this. Have a happy DanG day

DonT

DanG

Well I'm back again after fetching my disguise back. 8) 8)  I was looking around for Tom but didn't find him.  They kept talking about some dude that they were calling Nostril Thomas or some such, and I kept looking for somebody with a big nose.  Never did see him.  I thought for a minute I had spotted ol' Tom, but it just turned out to be this wierd old codger tellin' war stories to one of the witless folks they're lookin' out for.

'

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

Hey!  Where'd you find that?   It looks like Cousin Nostril and Br'er Chetski.  Brrrrr-r-r!

It looks like you got every one all lined up, DanG.  I always knew you were number one, and now, the Gods have indicated it as well.  January the eleventh is definitely the day to make your eleven-thousand one-hundred and eleventh post.  I think that calls for a drink.  ;D

isawlogs

I had been away a few days , sure glad I chose today to come back , happy DanG Day Dang !!!!   I really should put a call to the south sometime ths week .  ;)   horn_smiley
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Left Coast Chris

Hats off to DanG and hope you had a good day!!!   If we could play our CDs backwards Im confident there would be a DanG message with good advice or insightful rebuke of misinformation........  :) :)

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Meadows Miller

4TH Generation Timbergetter

thecfarm

DanG,you know,if I wasn't so scared about running into some snow and ice down your way,I would share a bowl of grits just to celebrate your day with you. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

DanG

Well that was a fun little escapade, probably moreso for me than anybody else.  It was just a stroke of luck that I noticed my post count when I did, 'cause I hadn't been watching it and didn't see it coming.  I had just made a post and it was still on the screen while I chatted with my Wife for a few minutes.  I was just about to post something else when I noticed that string of ones and said to myself, "Well ain't that cool?"  Then it occurred to me that the date was all ones too, which had already been discussed quite a bit.  I started realizing what a phenomenol and unique coincidence that was, and sent Jeff a PM about it.  He was as amazed as I was, and started this thread.  DanG Day was his idea. ::)

It was wierd watching everybody talking about me when I couldn't say anything without spoiling the party.  At one point, I told Jeff it was like laying in your casket but you could hear what all the "mourners" were saying. :D :D  I guess in that case there would be a few who might have mixed feelings about my departure too. :D :D :D  Actually, I enjoyed the few pokes in the ribs just as much as all of the kinder comments. :)  A little time in the sunshine is good for an old fart's soul, especially on a grey and gloomy day like yesterday.  Thanks everybody!! :) :) :)

Thank You Sponsors!