iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Denim pine flooring

Started by trimguy, April 25, 2023, 07:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trimguy

I finished the flooring I wanted to make for next week.

Only the 2 stacks on the right have relief cuts, the rest will be wall boards, all tongue and grooves with flooring bits on a shaper. I have pushed enough boards through a tablesaw in my time to know that my new power feeder is a " life " saver for stuff like this. Great investment. @tmbrcruiser you asked for pictures. I'm still not 100% sure that I am going to be able to take it next week, if it works out and I get it in stalled, I will get you some more pictures.

trimguy

A couple of more pictures of it installed.

We did Sheetrock on both ends and wood on opposite walls. I was afraid it would be too much with 2 wallls and the floor alll the same, so we 
" colored " the walls . We are happy with it.

trimguy

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trimguy

Thanks guys. Now to saw and dry wood for another room.

ron barnes

Old Greenhorn

Looks super! Arnold, how did you put in the bottom relief cuts? One at a time? I get denim from time to time, but rarely enough for a whole floor.
 My daughter and SIL have finally bought the house they've lived in for10 years and are now anxious to start fixing stuff. First project is the kitchen and the tear out is underway. I would like to make them very similar flooring and it's not a lot of material, they want wide plank pine to match the living room, but are now thinking of re-doing that floor also. The original builder was a hack so a lot gets 'discovered' as tear out progresses and has to be re-done.
 Anyway, it will take a while to mill out the lumber, air and then kiln dry it before we start doing the mill work on it. I am trying to come up with a plan now to make that happen for them. How did you fasten that down and what was the sub-floor like?
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

trimguy

I did the relief cuts one at a time on my 14 inch table saw. The sawblade kerf on it is 3/16. I think if you double stacked blades on a 10 inch table saw you can get the same results. I put it down with a pneumatic floor stapler. My floor has a 9 inch face on all the boards. The walls are 5 inch, 7 inch and a couple of 9 inch faces. The subfloor was circle sawn 1 x 6's and 1 x 8's. I put down roofing felt on top of the subfloor for my moisture barrier.

trimguy

I made some T&G v-groove to take north to do a ceiling in the cabin. There is some denim pine in the stack. Here I come Jake,
( I don't know if you remember a comment that you made at the project ? )
Big Johnson Sawmilling 😂😂😂
@customsawyer

customsawyer

Looks good. I'm sharpening my pencil as I type. It's going to get tough. 
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!