iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here is a Good Read: Local Logging & Lumbering History

Started by Coon, December 20, 2011, 12:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Was just reading one of our local history books and found a good historical read of some of the logging and lumbering in our area.

www.ourroots.ca/e/page.aspx?id=578502    it is pages 273 to 278.  Wish the pictures were bigger...   ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

thecfarm

Happy Birthday Coon. I just sent WDH a PM. He wants your address to send you some grits. Nice write up and pictures. Will have to read more later.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Happy Birthday, Coon!  Wow, you are in for one fine birthday present  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Bonne fête mon ami !!!

Aren't you lucky to have friends in da south !!!!   :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

Hmmm, I just don't know what to say... another year older and none the wiser.   :D  Grits you say.... fo my birfday how thoughtful.   ;D  I am sure I can find something to do with them.   :D

sandhills

Coon

WDH,  Where's my GRITS!!!  oz_smiley    spam_    musteat_1  I think I have had enough liquid encouragment tonight that I would attempt trying them right now.   smiley_alcoholic_01   smiley_dizzy 

WDH

We would not want to take advantage of a man when he is incapacitated  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Coon

.... but I was hoping grits would sop up some of the liquor.   :D   :D 

Sprucegum

I believe grits would be better for the morning after - you don't have to chew very hard, and they'll go down with hardly a swallow  :D

BTW I like your history; keep your icicles handy  :o

Coon

Thanks sprucegum, I'll keep Grits in mind for the next time. ::)  :D  Glad I never tried any cuz maybe they woulda started to ferment and cause me to be a permadrunk.  :D  :D 

Thinking we are in for a pretty mild winter this year as we shoulda had lots more snow tthan this.... guess there's lots of time to change yet.  ;)  Got my woolies ready to go if'n I need em.   Glad our houses are better insulated than what my grandfather had lived in while he was growing up. I'd hate to have to wear them round the clock just to stay warm even in the house.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!