iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ANyone deal with Arbor day foundation? I have had bad exp.

Started by JOE.G, June 03, 2012, 08:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE.G

Back in Febuary I donated $10 bucks to them and they said they would send 10 Flowering trees along with bushes of my choice, I have been getting emails saying that I would see them April/May. Well I called yesterday since I haven't received them. They said we got bad news, We sent them out first week of may and if you haven't got them We can't send them again in till novemebr since we are done shipping for the season. I have heard bad things about them and I guess it's true.

Anyone else deal with them?
Husqvarna 562XP Woods Ported .025 pop up MM
Husqvarna Rancher 55 2005
Husqvarna 450 Anniversary Edition 2010
STIHL 009 1998
STIHL HT 131 Pole Saw 2012
STIHL FS 110 R Trimmer 2010
STIHL BR 600 Magnum Blower 2012

dewwood

I have been a member for several years and have relatively good experiences with them.  As a matter of fact we stopped there about three weeks ago on our way through that area.  If they said they would reship then I imagine they will.  It would be too late this year to get them planted and expect much of a survival rate.  We normally don't get the free trees when I pay our dues so don't have a lot of feedback on their shipping.  I know when we were there they were shipping them like crazy.  It was a very interesting visit.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

tyb525

I joined, got a couple trees, and now my mailing address has been sent to nearly everyone is seems, including that dreaded Handyman Club of America!!!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

shelbycharger400

several times my parents would get the "trees"   4 to 6 inch ones... in the mail box...   in the middle of JUNE!!   can you say.. not too many survived

Den Socling

We have donated a couple times. Got the "free" trees with no problem and didn't see any uptick in junk mail.

Roxie

My brother-in-law participates, and he once gave me three "trees" of which, one is now a full grown and very pretty flowering pear.   :)

Say when

clww

I've donated before and gotten the free trees. No problems with them.

tyb-I happen to be a Life Member of the "dreaded" Handyman Club of America for more than half your lifetime. ;D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

tyb525

Quote from: clww on June 05, 2012, 10:58:58 AM
I've donated before and gotten the free trees. No problems with them.

tyb-I happen to be a Life Member of the "dreaded" Handyman Club of America for more than half your lifetime. ;D

Well I sure didn't appreciate them automatically signing me up for magazines and things I didn't want, and had to pay for! I had no warning about payment due until a collections agency contacted me. Then it was a nightmare taking my name out of their system. I have read of many similar experiences on the web.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

JOE.G

I have heard the trees are very small when they ship them to you, do they grow pretty fast? do you guys grow them in pots for a few years then put them in the ground?
Husqvarna 562XP Woods Ported .025 pop up MM
Husqvarna Rancher 55 2005
Husqvarna 450 Anniversary Edition 2010
STIHL 009 1998
STIHL HT 131 Pole Saw 2012
STIHL FS 110 R Trimmer 2010
STIHL BR 600 Magnum Blower 2012

Roxie

The trees that I was given were sticks about 10" long with a root.  I planted mine where I wanted them to be permanently, and then mulched them in, and made a fence of cinder blocks to protect them. 

I suspect the growth rate would depend on the species, but the flowering pear really took off. 

Say when

thecfarm

They could of got lost in the mail too. I've gotten small trees like that from shows before. They did just fine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

54Dutchman

My experance has been positive also; trees were not to impressive, small sticks, but they about doubled in size in the 1st year.  2nd year all survied the winter and crazy spring and are showing good growth.  The delivery systems today are not very reliable which can cause some real problems with trees/nursery stock.  I always compare the ship date with the delivery date.  I had ordered all fruit trees and the freebies.

Thank You Sponsors!