Will this winter ever end

Started by Tam-i-am, February 20, 2014, 08:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

This winter has been a long snowy cold winter for much of the US.  When you run a business in New England, the weather can really interfere.  We rely on trucks to bring in raw materials and pick up finished goods.  We have had so much snow this year that the banks are really high.  And to make things worse, in between storms we get a day just above freezing so things start to melt and then the temps drop over night and all the roads become icy. 

Here is a great testimonial for the Portable Winch brand portable capstan winch.  Sorry the footage isn't better but all I had was my cell phone and there was no way was I getting any closer.

http://youtu.be/C5U4OQfkbJ0
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

neslrite

I Think it is funny that my mighty mighty dodge pulled out a 48' truck.
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Crown Logrite the hero of the day.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tam-i-am

It was a long afternoon getting the truck out.  The driver had ideas of his own and was really hesitant to let us winch him out.
Needless to say the freight he had didn't get delivered until the next day and he didn't make the pick up that day as there is another hill around the building to get to the docks.  The landlord came and put more sand down and all was well the next day.

Everyone was impressed by the capstan winch:  small, portable, quite powerful and really useful.

dpown

I was just looking on another forum on this site (herehttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,67022.0/all.html). I am looking to purchase some sort of portable winch. What model was that in the video? Would you recommend it? I hope i wont need it to pull my truck out of snow haha but i want to use for my logging business.

Tam-i-am

We used the Portable Winch  PCW5000.

We love it.  Works great!  We chose to rep them because it is a well built unit that does what it says it can do.  Works great with our Fetching arch. ;D

dpown

So it is the same unit as is in this video correct?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wXP5EdkR9o

(Sorry I don't know how to link videos yet)

Tam-i-am

arboristt

Cool video! I've got one of those too. Really interesting how powerful it can be for such a small thing.

Tam-i-am