iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new to forum have a few qwestions.

Started by raven737, April 10, 2010, 11:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raven737

Hi all
              First let me say i really enjoy reading the threads on this forum. I have been reading along for about a yr now and the itch is getting real bad .Honestly i have no clue or experience running a mill. But i wont let that stop me. I cut my own fire wood and just find it a shame to cut some of these trees into fire wood and feel i would enjoy milling . :) It will be for my own use and the satisfaction. The Lt 15 and 28 are my choice.....but out of the blue a Lt 30 2002 model has popped up for sale just a few mile from me. I believe it has the 25 horse with auto feed and only 66 hr on it. The woman is asking 10 for it and is aware of the price of the 28 right now. i would really like some input on the Lt30 from you who know about them and how it stacks up with the Lt28 so i can make a sound choice as to what to offer her or move on to a new one. thanks in advance.

Peder McElroy

Welcome. This is a great place to find out most anything you need. I have no knowledge of the WM mills , I have a Belsaw circle mill and a Lucas 6-18. The People here on the Forum have been great. Good luck with your search and future milling. Peder

Jeff

I have an LT30, and it does a fine job for me, however with the price of the lt28 right now, I would go for the 28 if given that to me as a choice.  I gotta think that the resale prices on mills like the lt-30 are going to have to really fall to compete with the prices on the new 28s.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

raven737

thanks for the welcome. Jeff im thinking the price on the 30 is way high , but im not sure what the difference is between the 30 and 28. Do you know ?

Bro. Noble

I Have an lt 40 hd and previously had an lt 40 without the hyd.  I think the only difference between them and the lt 30 is the length of logs they will saw.  I almost never saw anything over 16' and often think I could just as well had an lt 30.  Both of these saws were perchased in almost unused condition at a very good price.  I came close to getting my money back from the first mill after using it fairly hard for about five years.  I havn't kept up with the prices of saws,  but it sure sounds to me like you're on the right track. ;D

Welcome and good luck.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Busy Beaver Lumber

I sold an 1999 WM lt-15, which was replaced by the LT-28 and will be the first to admit that I got top dollar for it at $7300. I am glad I sold it when I did because I think I would be lucky to get $5,000 for it now that WM lowered all their prices. I have used an LT-30 at a friends place and it worked excellent, but I think a fair price for it would be closer to $6000 to $7000. Even though it only has 66 hours on it, it is still about 4 to 6 years old and you may find you need to do some work to it from just sitting and not getting any use. I must agree with Jeff to go with the LT-28 at its new low price, especailly since you get the 2 year warranty as well and they give you a free coupon for 10 blade sharpenings to boot.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

jdtuttle

Contact woodmizer for their orange book value.
jim
Have a great day

Meadows Miller

Gday

and welcome to the Forum Raven  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) Everyones given you good advice and ill add another thing to consider Mate  ;) if your payng cash for the old mill to consider using Wm credit to finance a new mill and keep some coin in your account for other things you will need to get started with tools, loader,logs  ect ect Mate  ;)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!