iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new to group

Started by GeorgeK, November 18, 2012, 09:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeK

Hi Fellow members,

I am new to the group. I have been a amateur wood worker (hobbyist) most of my life.  I have a fairly complete wood shop at my house and have built some furniture and most of the house I live in. I have been interested in owning a saw mill for years. A friend of mine and I went to the Paul Bunyan show in Ohio recently and then the Wood-mizer open house. So last week I made the plunge and bought  a2008 LT40 super hydraulic mill. We are now learning how to run it. My plan is to do local mobile milling for farmers etc. I would also like to build a solar Kiln in the near future and then grow the business from there. I am located in Jonesville KY and look forward to learning and knowing everyone in this group.

My other interests: I have been an airline pilot for the last 27 years. Company recently closed.  I still love to fly personal airplanes for both travel and sport aerobatics.

Sincerely, George Kalbfleisch
George Kalbfleisch
Woodmizer LT40, twin blade edger, Bobcat A300, Kubota L48 and yes several logrites!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome George! You gave a lot of good info about yourself and your interest.
You'll love this place.......just don't drop sawdust on the floor.  ;D

Congrats on your new mill. You'll love the Wood-Mizer.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Okrafarmer

Welcome, George! You just came home to your Forum.  :)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

VictorH

Welcome George!!  Pull up a screen and enjoy!

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum George

Which planes were you flying aroung the world?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Peder McElroy

Welcome George from California and another LT40 HD owner

Red Clay Hound

Welcome George.  Your story sounds much like my own.  I just got my 2007 WoodMizer LT40 SH back in August.  Let the sawdust fly!
2007 Wood-Mizer LT40 Super Hydraulic with 51 hp. Cat; 2007 Wood-Mizer EG200 Twin Blade Edger; Woodmaster 718 Molder/Planer; Stihl MS460 and MS362 Chainsaws; 2011 John Deere 5065 with JD 553 Loader

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum,    GeorgeK, and congratulations on the LT40.  We will look forward to having you sharing your sawing experiences.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

Now you will need several LogRite cant hooks! 

Welcome!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Geeg

Hi George, I am recently new here as well, welcome.

I am also and airline pilot for the last 25 years, however looks like you will get to do some playing before I do. Congrats on your new mill!!
Retired Airbus 380 Captain. Timberking 2200,  Kioti RX6010PC,  Nyle Kiln KD250, Polaris WV850

Chuck White

Hello George, and welcome to the Forestry Forum!

Congratulations on your new mill, a great choice.  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

dgdrls

Georgek,

welcome to the best darn place on the internet!!
You will find generous knowledgeable folks here from
around the globe.  Lots of them happen to own and run WM 40 series mills.
you should have no problem finding answers to you sawing challenges.

best
DGDrls

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Geeg on November 19, 2012, 02:38:22 AM
Hi George, I am recently new here as well, welcome.

I am also and airline pilot for the last 25 years, however looks like you will get to do some playing before I do. Congrats on your new mill!!

Welcome, Geeg! You will join the ranks of the sawdust releasers before too long, I'm sure!
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Paddlefish

Welcome to the forum George,  keep us posted. As you've read I'm starting the venture also. We can compare notes.

Solomon

Welcome aboard George.  This is the only web forum I have ever found where everyone is real and down to earth.   There's  a great many very expierenced and knowlegable sawyers here who are willing to share their knowledge .  I have found them to be very genuine and true to their word.
I have learned more in the two months I have been visiting this forum than in the five years of owning my mill.   Pete. Chesapeake, Virginia.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

sawman

Welcome George K.
the most important thing to know about this site
we like pictures
congrats on your woodmizer mill,
you are going to get alot of enjoyment out of it.
8)   8)   8)   8)   8)
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Leigh Family Farm

Quote from: sawman on November 19, 2012, 05:28:22 PM
Welcome George K.
we like pictures....

I beg to differ. From what I have been reading, pictures are second on the list...FOOD comes first!  :D :D

Welcome to the Forum!!
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

tcsmpsi

Quote from: kilgrosh on November 19, 2012, 05:37:00 PM
Quote from: sawman on November 19, 2012, 05:28:22 PM
Welcome George K.
we like pictures....

I beg to differ. From what I have been reading, pictures are second on the list...FOOD comes first!  :D :D

Welcome to the Forum!!

Ahhh...but pictures of food, therin lies the topper.   :D

Welcome to the forum George!
\\\"In the end, it is a moral question as to whether man applies what he has learned or not.\\\" - C. Jung

GeorgeK

Thank you all for the kind words. Not sure I want photos of food just make me hungery LOL!

For those asking I flew DC-8-73 for DHL World Wide Express later called ASTAR. They shut us down and subed our jobs out. It wasa great job while it lasted!  I am still flying live on a little grass airport with some other folks. If you are in the area stop and see us. I will post some photos soon.

I have been reading lots of posts lots of great info on here. Hoping to cut a bunch of wood this week. Well a little probably by you standards but learning has begun.
George Kalbfleisch
Woodmizer LT40, twin blade edger, Bobcat A300, Kubota L48 and yes several logrites!

Thank You Sponsors!