iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rotator cuff

Started by tree-farmer, November 11, 2019, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I am now three weeks past surgery and two ½ weeks until my next doctor's visit.  I am doing 15 pulley pulls 3 times daily and obediently still in the sling.  Sleeping is still no fun.  :-X

I did saw 4 days, but my activity was very limited.  My tailgunner has helped me many times, sometimes a couple of weeks at the time, so he knew the routine very well and also took very good care of me.  At least we got my customer out of a jam with his need for timbers. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tree-farmer

Glad you are taking care of that arm MM, I know it hard not to use it. I'm out of sling but still on short leash. I have been able to get on tractor and work on a area I'm leveling out for fire wood storage. Hydraulics are my friend. Using hatchet  (left handed) on roots insted of ax or palaski like I normally would. Shoulder definately feels better than before surgery, do not want to screw that up after putting this much time into it. 

Hope Raided Bills set back was not serious.

Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

bwstout

The Pulleys are your friends when I have done more than I should my shoulder is hurting I use the pulleys and give it relief.
home built mill

Raider Bill

I have my first rehab appointment Wednesday. I guess I'll see if I pulled something bad.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

tree-farmer

Had my 12 week check up with surgon. Ok to start strengh building, did not tell all of what I'd been doing (carefully mind you)
Still weak and tires easily, but getting better all the time. Much better than pre surgery.
Looking forward to summer projects.
How are you Raider Bill?
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Magicman

Thanks for the update.  I am stretching and pulling, but no lifting (much anyway).  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

I think I pulled something loose from my bicep. Pretty much all day pain again.
Making a apt today to see the Doc. next week.

Been going to PT. They say my range of motion is excellent unless my bicep is used then I have no strength.
If I try to do a curl it's like a ice pick has been rammed in the bicep.

WDH

Sorry to hear this.  Does not sound good.  You will have to do those 12 ounce curls using the other arm.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Quote from: WDH on April 09, 2020, 04:15:55 PM
Sorry to hear this.  Does not sound good.  You will have to do those 12 ounce curls using the other arm.
I haven't even been doing much of them. Almost being saintly.smiley_angel02_wings

Magicman

It's been almost 9 weeks since my rotator cuff/bicep surgery and I made my follow-up visit today.  There is still some slight stiffness but my reach now equals the other side.  

I was discharged and told not to try to do anything that I thought that I should not try to do.  ::)   In other words, no restrictions but be careful and use my head.  He said that my strength would come with time and not to be concerned about it.

stanwelch

Excellent report Magic!!  
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Jeff

Good advice. I found ways to tear mine up when it was healthy, just imagine how many ways one can find to screw it up when it is still healing.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!