iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whats goin on here? We know ;o)

Started by Jeff, March 30, 2006, 10:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Jeff

There are some yes's and no's in those last answers.  :)  This is a protective layer and it is hog fuel on top. There is something ptotecting something that is protecting something else.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Reddog

Your going to make me call home and see what they been up to.  ;) Were's this loacated at around Iron River?

Mooseherder

Is it a final cover/cap of wood fiber for a solid waste landfill?

Jeff

SAW MILLER

They're burryin turnips fer the winter.... :D
LT 40 woodmizer..Massey ferg.240 walker gyp and a canthook

sprucebunny

They bury logs in snow and cover it with sawdust and they stay fresh till August,

I read it in a magazine ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Reddog

Quote from: Reddog on March 30, 2006, 09:09:15 PM
Your going to make me call home and see what they been up to.  ;) Were's this loacated at around Iron River?

Well after a call home its logs with a layer or dirt and then saw dust /chips on top to keep them. Not sure for what, but keep them. They say  the rest of the town just thinks it some goof ball thing. :D

jon12345

Hiding logs from tax assessors,   everyone knows logs are worth more than dirt.  :D :D :D :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

chet

Reddog,
Not sure of yer source, but they weren't paying close enough attention.   :D

Shotgun, yer in da know.  ;)

Sprucebunny, Ya read right.    8)

The piles are actually Spruce and Balsam pulp logs. They are buried in snow and then insulated with the hog fuel. The idea is to retard staining until the logs can be dug out and utilized later in the summer. The whole process is done so as to lower the quantities of bleach used in processing.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Apparently the great savings are not realized because of the reduction in the amount of bleaching needed but the reduced envromental costs of disposal and handling of the chemicals after the bleaching is done.  Can you imagine what it took to stack those thousands and thousands of cords, have a layer of snow shot with guns and pushed over the pile with dozers, then have the layer of insulating hog fuel dozed over the top of that?

Reddog

Chet my source is to old to pay good attention.  :D

Who is funding this? a loging company or a paper mill/manufacturer.

In Iron County it's going to be lumber related or mining. Thats the only thing there to make a pile that big  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!