iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stump Grinder

Started by Furby, April 30, 2004, 08:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Has anyone built a stump grinder?
Does anyone know where I can get a small blade for one?

SwampDonkey

Seen them on Christmas tree farms. I wouldn't know who supplies the blades locally except an industrial supply centre. Other than that I see grinders on escavators mulching up tree stems along right-of-way and hydro lines.

here's one from toro

http://www.toro.com/professional/sws/loaderattach/snowdebris/22429.html

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Kevin

You might get a decent buy on used one from an arborist or rental agency.

Furby

Kevin, you mean the whole unit or just the blade?
I have almost everything I need to build a small one, but no blade. Was thinking about building a blade, but I'm thinking that could a safety problem.  :-/

SD, I'm thinking of a much smaller one. I did a google search and found tons of them, but nothing on the blades.

SwampDonkey

Furby

Too bad you didn't have a model number, I'm sure you could order the parts at an equipment shop. Last winter I had to order a universal for my snow blower and I just called to the parts dept of the local farm equipment dealer. Might suggest you go to a dealer and ask for the part number of the model you like. You in farm'in country? :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

I wish I was in farm'in country!  :-/

I'll see what I can dig up going that route. I'm guessing that  a blade won't be cheap, that's why I kind of wanted to shop around. So far it don't look like a good chance of that.

Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!