iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

lt28 power feed

Started by peterob, May 04, 2016, 09:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterob

one more question please, i have the power feed on my lt28  it will be sawing rite along an then it speeds up on it own then slow down then speed up again, i've changed both switches the power feed has an it still does it but not as bad today   thanks  peter

sparks

Could be mechanical like a cam follower locking up. If those check good then it could be the PF control module.
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Whitetail_Addict

Do a search for "power feed sticking". I had trouble with mine a while ago and was able to find help on here by searching old posts. I actually had a couple things going on. One was the drive chain had a little corrosion and a tiny kink that would slow or stop the power feed. You really had to look hard to even notice the kink. The other problem was moisture inside the feed motor. Took it all apart and cleaned everything. Then I sprayed it all with electrical cleaner. Cleaned and lubed the felt pad that runs along the top rail. Then Put it back together and it ran great.
2010 WoodMizer LT28, John Deere 4520 w/ FEL, 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel, 2007 Polaris Ranger XP 700, 127 Acres of Northeast hardwoods in New York's Whitetail country

Thank You Sponsors!