iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Senior bus

Started by bandmiller2, April 04, 2012, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Well today the old sawyer is off on a senior tour of a famous mansion along the seacoast,never thought I'd be doing that.It makes mommy happy,the foods good and I don't have to drive,not to mention cheap.We also have a local senior center that serves a good breakfast for $3.00,Clipping my FOP coupons. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

Yup, PatD and I loaded up with a couple dozen old codgers and made a trip this past Thursday and Friday.  She and I were also celebrating out 49th "Elopement"  smiley_love anniversary.  We went to Foley, Alabama and enjoyed a meal at Lambert's Cafe LINK as well as outlet mall shopping.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Shotgun

Quote from: Magicman on April 04, 2012, 08:39:57 AM
Yup, PatD and I loaded up with a couple dozen old codgers and made a trip this past Thursday and Friday.  She and I were also celebrating out 49th "Elopement"  smiley_love anniversary.  We went to Foley, Alabama and enjoyed a meal at Lambert's Cafe LINK as well as outlet mall shopping.

Now where's the rest of the story?  You promised us.  Did I miss it, or do we have to wait for 50 years?  Anyway, congratulations to the both of you!

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

mooleycow

senior day care centers?  what is the world coming to?  in my day we called them the country store.  now are your tax dollars  being used to open and run these centers.  should the country store be supported or reimbursed by the govt..  nothing like another entitlement. 

Chuck White

I'll take all the free stuff they want to hand me.

Including "military discounts" at many of the larger stores in this area.
They don't advertise the discount, but all you have to do is ask!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

bandmiller2

Majic,Foley Al. is a nice little town used to go to auctions there when I was stationed in Pensicola in the navy,and when on my way to summerdale to do some bird hunting with friends.That was 40+ years ago probibly things have changed. Frank C.

WDH

Frank,

Hopefully, you did not have any sawdust in your pockets  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

MM, when you were in that outlet mall, did ya go into the LeCrueset cookware store?  My first cousin is the manager there. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bandmiller2

WDH,nope a pant change was manditory,not a bad thing to have a pocket full of sawdust in case some dude spits snooze juce on the floor,don't want old codgers slipping. Frank C.

Magicman

DanG,  No, I zeroed in on three tool stores, Reebok for shoes, VF for jeans, and the Coleman store.

After that, us men found a bench and engaged some very important and highly classified conversation.  Stuff like huntin, fishin, tractors, trucks, and stuff.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doctorb

Guys - just a piece of advice spurred on by DanG's post.....

Le Crueset cookware is extremely expensive.  But, if you and/or your wife like to cook, there is no cookware I have ever used that does a better job.  It heats so evenly and cleans up so easily, it's amazing.  No rice sticking to the bottom of the pot.  It's a "top shelf" product, but, as a gift, your wife will love you for it.  I know, I know, husbands shouldn't give cooking stuff to their wives as gifts....blah, blah, blah.   Once she uses it, your stock will rise.  Just a thought.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Norm

Ummm some of us "guys" enjoy them too doctorb..... ;)

thecfarm

Doc,SS cookware is all I bought for my wife for every holiday there was, Mother's Day, Birthday,Christmas. Took me a quite few years to get all she needed too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Patty

Hmmmm, you guys can do what you want, but this wife prefers diamonds and furs over pots and pans.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

doctorb

Like I said, husbands don't score any points for kitchenware gifts, but Le Crueset is really, really good stuff.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Woodhauler

Ain't rode the senior bus yet, but my father said i rode the short bus to school ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

Can't cook with a diamond setting can ya?  I like to eat.  ;D 
Reason I spent my money on cook ware,my wife,we got married at  40,she never had any good cookware. Tell you the truth,it would of probably been cheaper to buy diamonds. But did I mention I like to eat? Took me years on a poor man salary to get the stuff she wanted. And i'm still buying a few things each year too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

Patty, I may try the cookware,brought home a mink stole, three of the critters mouth to butt.Wife and daughter thought it was gross its now in the cellar beside my reloading bench,can't even bring it upstairs for the cat to play with. Frank C.

Patty

I never was one for practicalities. I like pizazz !  ;D
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Woodhauler on April 05, 2012, 03:17:21 PM
Ain't rode the senior bus yet, but my father said i rode the short bus to school ;D

:D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Patty

All kidding aside, the LeCrueset pans are awesome. I bought some for Norm many many years ago, and they are still working beautifully. So if your wife or husband loves to cook, these are a great gift.  ;)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

isawlogs

We have a few of the Le Creuset pots and they are by far the best.
    Dan, can you get us a discount  ???   :) 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!