iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need advice on a truck to move logs and......

Started by GareyD, November 30, 2005, 05:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

The fella I hire to move the occasional log I can't handle has a Ford with a boom and the roll back bed (same truck).  He used the roll back for a 50" by 16' Red oak with no problem.  A few weeks later, he used the boom with a winch to pull and lift many logs onto the deck with out any damage to a well manicured lawn.  It is a very versital set-up.  I wish he didn't charge so much! :o
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

GareyD

Thanks to all for the reply's....I haven't forgotten and/or gotten gettin' a truck yet...

Still have offers in on both of the original trucks that I was looking at...just won't nobody take time what with the holidays and all to stop and partake of a good horsetradin' :D :D

Went to Tennessee to pick up the grandsons Saturday for the holidays....stopped and talked to a feller with lots of trucks parked around his place.

Seems he is in the process of puttin a "Big Thumb" loader with a 20 ton winch on a rollback bed....just hasn't decided which truck he is gonna mount it on....gonna stop back by when I take the boys home after new years and get serious with him...this could be just the outfit that I have been lookin for 8) 8)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Thank You Sponsors!