iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new here Please I.D.

Started by megawoody216, May 14, 2018, 04:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megawoody216

isawlogs

I'll take a stab at it, .. Drift wood!!! ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

megawoody216

lol yes it did drift onto the beach from the lake but was wondering what species of tree it came from?

WDH

Need a close-up pic of the end grain.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

megawoody216

oh okay should i cut a piece off and take a pic of the end grain?

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

megawoody216

okay gimme a few days gotta buy a saw lol

WDH

Slice the end grain with a razor knife, not a saw.  The slice has to be very clean cut.  A slice that shows several growth rings, about the size of a postage stamp or so.  A saw is too rough to show the cellular detail in the growth rings. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

megawoody216

ahhhhh okay thanks for the tip :)

megawoody216

would it be okay to sand a small area to make it display the rings more accurately?

WDH

megawoody216

Thank You Sponsors!