iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

loggers boots? what do you wear?

Started by zackman1801, April 14, 2008, 07:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dancan

Quote from: zackman1801 on April 23, 2008, 10:18:17 PM
thats what i wear right now, and let me tell you they arent the most comfortable of boots, especially since my socks fall down in them and they give me burns on the backs of my legs from the rubber rubbing on my skin all day. but they are waterproof and they work.
what solves the problem for me is to get some good handmade wool (synthetic) socks that fit tight and don't stretch when wet (my wife hates me as a customer) , sometimes i get lucky and find some quality sport socks that work well it the summer .
I fold down the nylon top inside the boot and have also used fake fur padding to stop the chaffing  8) because it can ruin the rest of the day if you can't walk comfortably .

dancan

Forgot to mention , the stud kit makes all the difference in the world for traction , worth every penny for not slipping on ice or logs .

SwampDonkey

I alway use studded boots when thinning, but not when marking out perimeter. As long as I'm not in fir and aspen blow down or on frosty wood, I'm fine. Out west on the coast we needed them just to stand up on those hillsides. Just like walking on grease without them.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

zackman1801

ya although a guy i know bought some of those studs and stuck them in, after we got back at the end of the day he had about 5 left on each boot. mabey he stuck them in wrong but it seems that they dont stay in well. atleast on his boots.
"Improvise, Adapt, OVERCOME!"
Husky 365sp 20" bar

SwampDonkey

I use the ones you screw on, takes a special wrench to replace them. They are better than the studded ones. I know i said studded in the last post, but they are the screw in kind.

If your walking a lot of road or up creek beds the regular studded ones disintegrate faster. Maybe your friend never left the roads. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Woodhog

The best thing I like about my saw boots is to take them OFF on a nice sunny day during a back/shoulder /wrist/knee/hip break and letting my feet dry out!!! ;D

timberjack240

i wear red wings  theyre not steel toe or cut resistant or any of that .. they have some insulation so you can wear em 3/4 of the year all the oil on em theyre pretty water proof haha and on wet bark theyre not hte best but if ya want a pair of boots that last a long time and are comfortable and still tuff theyre pretty good and theyre fairly lightweight so ya can fly liek the wind

Paw

In Denmark we wear either rubberboots or leatherbots. Both whit saw protection.

THPtech

Viberg Caulks. http://www.workboot.com/45scb.htm
They are a lot lighter than my whites or any other cork I have compared them to yet just as durable. Used them for setting chokers and forestry work where I have had to cover a lot of ground and they are the best boots I've had. Cost me about 350 and I would definately buy again.

ID4ster

Go to Nick's Boots in Spokane, Washington. He used to work for the White Company until he went out on his own and built a better boot. Believe me they are worth the money and are the best by far.

http://www.nicksboots.com/
Bob Hassoldt
Seven Ridges Forestry
Kendrick, Idaho
Want to improve your woodlot the fastest way? Start thinning, believe me it needs it.

Thank You Sponsors!