iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logger in north central Iowa?

Started by krayzie8rt1, December 10, 2015, 09:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krayzie8rt1

A buddy of mine lives in Lehigh, Iowa. He is having trouble finding a logger to cut some walnut trees. Any chance you know of one in his area?
Hudson Oscar 236, 24' homemade trailer, Logrite 48" & 30", Stilh  290, Hudson debarker, Allis Calmers D14 w/ loader, bobcat 185 with grapple bucket, bobcat 435 excavator with thumb

beenthere

About 75 miles to the East of Lehigh, there is a walnut mill at Grundy Center.

Also, have him check with his Extension Service Forestry at Iowa State Univ, Ames, IA.

Also, State Foresters through this link
https://www.extension.iastate.edu/forestry/links/contacts.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

krayzie8rt1

Thank you! I will forward this information on to him.
Hudson Oscar 236, 24' homemade trailer, Logrite 48" & 30", Stilh  290, Hudson debarker, Allis Calmers D14 w/ loader, bobcat 185 with grapple bucket, bobcat 435 excavator with thumb

Loesshillslogging

About 2 1/2 hours north of me, should be someone closer, I would try this list instead, timber buyer/ logging companies, but your call, not sure what he is looking for: www.iowadnr.gov/Portals/idnr/uploads/forestry/btb.pdf - pretty wet and warm down here. Need to get going this afternoon though, more rain/snow mix coming!

krayzie8rt1

Thanks for that list, looks like it will be very helpful!

Loesshillslogging

Hope it helps, this rain is nuts! We had 4 inches over the weekend, logging walnut has come to a standstill down here. You guys get in a bind or if it's any colder or dryer up there we could come up. I just think you gotta have a crew closer!

Thank You Sponsors!