iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Model 310 Heartwood bandsaw counter

Started by Keepcutting, February 20, 2012, 09:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keepcutting

I am new to this forum, actually 1st time to even be on a forum. I need some help. Hoping someone may already figured out a solution. On a model 310 Heartwood bandsaw portable diesel. It has a PTL computer setworks. The counter h7br was discontinued.  It needed replaced, so the h7bx was installed. Problem is I can not get the auto lower head and preset buttons to work.  It just continues all the way to the bottom when pushed.

eastberkshirecustoms

I can't help you with your problem, but can offer you a welcome! Never heard of a Heartwood, had to look them up. Nice mill 80HP diesel, huh? Do you have the double cut? Of course, we need to see some photos!

Keepcutting

Thanks. Yes, it is 80hp diesel double cut. No pictures available yet too stressed trying to get going. I will work on that maybe would help to see panel I'm dealing with.

customsawyer

I can't offer any help but can send a warm welcome to the forum.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

bandmiller2

Keeper,almost always the mauufacturer is the fella to call first,and welcome. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Keepcutting

Solution found in 2 parts.
1   The replacement h7bx counter does not do the same job. It will not work for us.
2.  The preset button used with the auto lower head was not set properly. The instructions were not as clear and we misinterpreted them.
So at least some is good news. Knowledge is great anyway. Thanks for the welcome.

Dave VH

welcome to the forum, I can't help with any of the problems that you are having.  I'm just drooling over some of the specs on your saw.  I'm really curious how a blade guide would work on a double cut saw.  Do I understand it right, are there teeth on both sids of your 6" wide blade?  Are you sure you have enough hp? (yah, I'm kidding).  It looks like you've chosen some amazing epuipment.  I bet your offbearers are in great shape trying to keep up with ya.
I cut it twice and it's still too short

rhett2018

My name is Rhett. I have a Heartwood model 310 if you don't mind I have a few questions about your mill would you mind calling me or emailing me. 337 two44- 670six. rhettahanagriff@gmail.com.   anytime day or night is fine . Thanks in advance 

Magicman

Rhett, Keepcutting has not logged on since his above post on February 22, 2012. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Moose Mountain

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have 2 Heartwood model 310 with the 50 horse electric and the super long tracks, one at 88' and one at 75'. I've been running Heartwoods a total of 27 years and they've been as close to flawless as you can get but like anything they sometimes do need something. I'm wanting to know if anyone knows where to still get parts, computer set works, switches etc. The newer one, with the 88 foot track needs some parts. 
Thanks, Moose Mountain

Thank You Sponsors!