iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thanksgiving deer - nope, no pictures

Started by WV Sawmiller, November 25, 2023, 10:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

I forget who wrote them but my favorites were the Harry and Charlie episodes in the BASS magazines I used to get back when I joined them for a while in the early/mid 70's. I think it was Harry who was always out to get his nemesis "Old Ironjaw" a monster Bass and they chased him forever in their beat up johnboat "Ol Stump jumper". The one time Harry caught and landed him in a tournament he had to release him because a "Hoss fly" had landed on his lure and live bait was not allowed. ::) Tom drove a delivery truck delivering peanuts and snacks and they always ate water packed "Viennies" and would have a conniption fit if somehow they got the gelatin packed ones by mistake.

The first such tale I heard was about was Dad reading to us "Old Shovelnose" in Boys Life when I was a pre-schooler. (Yes, they had a written language back then.) Old Shovelnose was a cantankerous old alligator. I think his snout was flattened when he was a baby by rednecks trying to crush him with a rock or such and he spent the rest of his life getting even (At least that is the way I tell it to my grandkids now.)

https://www.amazon.com/Shovel-gator-grabbers-Robert-Edmond/dp/B0007E9GZO
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Stephen1

Great storey Howard. I would have laughed louder except I was eating my porridge!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

sawmilllawyer

Great story Howard, I have not laughed that hard in a long time. I have found your stories to be entertaining but this one is where your abilities really shine. Enjoyed the read, be careful out there, danger lurks for us older guys.   
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Thank You Sponsors!