iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First sweet corn from the garden ! Cob eating race ! 17 seconds beat it !

Started by UNCLEBUCK, August 07, 2005, 05:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLEBUCK

I just had a corn on the cob race with the nephew and its also my first taste of sweet corn this year but what a blast it was . It took me about a minute to finish the first cob and my nephew did it in 17 seconds. Want to have a good time and have a fun meal this is it. Post your winning times here too if you wish to try , I slowed down after the 3rd cob and was done on the 4th !                                                                                                                                                   

UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Scooby Doo

UB Sounds like alot of fun my dad loves corn. I will have to see if I can get him to have a race with me and post the results! Great idea. :D :)
Owner/Operator of a 1986 Wood-Mizer LT30 Manual

gary

The wife and I just froze 6 doxen ears today. Fresh from the garden.

mometal77

Kinda funny on the way before town.  I stopped by some people that where selling cattle corn on the side of the road.  Just kinda funny what some people are tricked into buying.  Sure does look good from the pics.
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Bro. Noble

While it's not as good as sweet corn,  field corn makes good roasting ears too.  You can even get little ones that are only 3 or 4 inches long and eat them cob and all :D :D 
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Gilman

Quote from: gary on August 07, 2005, 06:32:47 PM
The wife and I just froze 6 doxen ears today. Fresh from the garden.

Were they old dogs or puppies?  They better not of been cute little puppies.  >:(

;)
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Curlywoods

When I stopped by Kirk Allen's to go to the Pig Roast, we had a mess of roast ears :-)  It had been a while since I had good fresh from the garden roast ears.  Lots of butter and salt....MMMMMMM Stand back  :D
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

Off_bear_err

Well, that's about all our sweet corn produced this year. So we better learn to like the "baby corn."
Sawmill brat HELPER.......offbearer for my Pop!
BUZZ_SAWYER

Jeff

We're having corn for supper tonight but I refuse to "race it" I'm going to enjoy it. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

gary

They should have been racoon ears . The criters raided my corn patch and got the best of before we did.

sawguy21

One of lifes great pleasures. We soak them in cold water overnight then chuck them on the grill in the husk. When the husk blackens and curls, pull them off and peel VERY CAREFULLY. Lots of butter and a touch of salt. Add some baby potatos, a steak and salad, wash down with some ice cold beverage of choice and  it don't get better.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

UNCLEBUCK

I have never tried that on the grill thing but DanG tomorrow I have to now ,that sounds yummy !  I waiting to hear if Scooby Doo beat Jeff , whats sweet corn without a race  :D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Lenny_M

Fresh silverQueen on the grill 8) 8)  next best is nuke it with the husk on. has more flavor than boiling.
Havn`t picked any yet,But its close and plenty of it.

Thank You Sponsors!