iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I need some pics

Started by lyle niemi, March 19, 2012, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

I was hoping that some of you fine folks could post some pics of power unit drives for the old head saw mills for me. It would sure give me alot of ideas for when I set up my indepent power unit for the mill. Thanx in advance
Lyle

Ron Wenrich

No picks, but a lot of those mills have been run by Detroit 371, 471 & 671 here in PA.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

ALWOL

I'm afraid I don't have any pics for you either. Both of my mills are powered by tractors and flat belts, but the next time I go to work on one of my customers mills I will take my camera with me.

Alan
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

bandmiller2

Lyle,it pretty much depends on how long your "V" belts are.Large long "V" belts are expensive and you need a few of them.What belts do you have on the combine,they were designed for that engines HP.I have six "C" section belts from my engine to arbor never a hint of slip.I made an adjuster to relieve belt strain on the arbor shaft,its a pillow block bearing on the arbor with a large threaded rod into pipe thats fastened to the engine near the pulley.Theirs an adjusting nut that helps tension the belts. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

dgdrls

dblair

I get you some of mine , let me see if they might be in my gallery . don't  see any close up in the gallery . I 'll take some tomorrow of the unit and flat belt

old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

lyle niemi

Quote from: dblair on March 20, 2012, 09:51:21 PM
I get you some of mine , let me see if they might be in my gallery . don't  see any close up in the gallery . I 'll take some tomorrow of the unit and flat belt.
That would be great! Thanx Dave

Thank You Sponsors!