iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather 2024

Started by thecfarm, January 01, 2024, 12:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Was 50° that last 2 mornings. 74°F here this afternoon. Another dry day in the woods. At one time in the middle of the day it was clear skies for awhile. Had a few light sprinkles at dawn at the house, never even wet the gravel. When I saw a red sun in the morning I said to myself it won't be raining here.

Have not seen much for flies, mainly just them blow flies. They don't bite. I'm on a dry site, no water. Have not seen a mosquito in the woods in the morning either.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WhitePineJunky

Been incredibly dry here no rain in sight! Got hot enough today the black flies backed off, around 25c.
Leaves are coming out on the trees over last couple days which is nice, could use the shade 

SwampDonkey

Had some thunderstorm rains here last evening. Will be some more rain today and 15 degrees cooler today.  :thumbsup:

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I think it got up to 80 yesterday!!! Sure did feel it. Sun was out, a very nice day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodroe

Starting out at 60* this AM. No wood fire 2 days in a row .
70s daytime heading for 80 one day next week. 
Getting the stove wood under cover daily.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

60°F was the high up here. No rain all day or even wet in the woods all day long. However, at the house here we had 1-1/4" rain from last night and this morning. A good soaking. I know it rained hard here when I set out the garbage. Drove to work and went out of the rain belt all together. Has not rained this afternoon at the house. Suppose to be dry all weekend here.

thecfarm

House is kinda cool this morning, heat is on. 54°
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

We got quite a blow last night and have been without power since midnight.  I made a loop around our neighborhood and saw many limbs down but no trees.

I have the generator running.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

The generator is still running and now they are saying tomorrow for the service restore.

IMG_1746.JPG
Thankfully I bought a Tri-Fuel that is running on Natural Gas instead of me toting gas cans or propane bottles.

IMG_1734.JPG
It is connected through this GenerLink transfer switch.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

82°F here today and sunny. A dry heat. I think it was 54° this morning.

Finished up 24 acres of spacing this morning and had time to mark a piece off for Monday on a hardwood site, 12 acres I think.

Hope you get your power back soon. I heard some area in the US lost some main lines, weeks before they get repaired and back on. Nasty weather to do all that.

Never seen generator hookup like that around here. They do a subpanel up here, and has to be switched before those circuits get gen power.

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on May 17, 2024, 02:05:15 PMnow they are saying tomorrow for the service restore
Thankfully we got our power restored a bit after 3PM, so the genny ran for 15 hours.

SwampDonkey

Mowed the lawn here for the first time last night. Some had to be gone over twice it was so heavy and tall.  ffcheesy That 1-1/4" rain sure made stuff grow.  ffsmiley

The Canada plum is in full bloom here on the lawn, and so are the black currants.  :sunny: :thumbsup:

54° this morning, cloudy. Got some wood that needs stack'n.

Magicman

Quote from: Magicman on May 17, 2024, 08:41:28 PMso the genny ran for 15 hours
I misspoke.  The power was out 15 hours and the genny ran for 9 hours.  I was sleeping during the other 6 hours.  zzzz_smiley

WhitePineJunky

Weather keeps toying with us says rains coming, the time comes, no rain, been pushed forward 12 hours, time comes, no rain, repeat cycle.
Incredibly dry 

woodroe

Mid eighties next week . Only for a couple days though .
Trees all leafed out , grass mowing season is back.
Fields of yellow with Dandelions in bloom. Picking Rhubarb and
stackin firewood under cover .
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

SwampDonkey

Yes, we've been eating rhubarb here this week. The firewood for the house I got done this afternoon, there's 8-1/2 cords for this winter. I have a little more than 2 cords left for the shop. ffwave

72°F currently, cloudy with peeks of sun now and again. Great day. No black flies around at all. A cloudy day is usually black fly weather.

thecfarm

What woodroe said, except for the wood part.
Just got the plastic on for the greenhouse. Was just started to rain when we started. By the time we was done, it was really raining. Only got a little wet.

SwampDonkey

Planting my tomato seeds tomorrow morning.  They go in the grow tent. ffsmiley

Thank You Sponsors!