iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pricing 1/2" vs 1 1/2"

Started by OlJarhead, April 10, 2013, 02:09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

Then I guess you are saying we are all idiots, of one form or another. ;)

Now we just need to figure out which idiot "we" are.....   :snowball:
:)

Myself, I do reserve the term 'idiot' for a very narrow group of people. I put it very near to the "stupid" classification.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

mesquite buckeye

Well...... you could check out who we elect to run the country. ::)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

jbpaxton

My Customers want bft of lumber, What I do is manufacture saw dust.  I can produce about so much saw dust an hour so I charge by the hour that covers my cost plus profit to make the saw dust.

Jim
jbpaxton

Okrafarmer

I should clarify that when I mill a customer's wood that they own, I have my hourly charge ($50), plus $10 for each blade change after the first one (which is a freebee). If I hit metal and/or damage a blade due to a problem with the log, I charge $25 per trashed blade.

If I am selling my own wood to someone else, all the blade costs are hidden to the buyer and I charge enough for the wood to cover expense. I hope.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

OlJarhead

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on April 11, 2013, 04:37:23 PM
Well...... you could check out who we elect to run the country. ::)

Proof positive! lol
2016 LT40HD26 and Mahindra 5010 W/FEL WM Hundred Thousand BF Club Member

Okrafarmer

I'm pretty sure I'm the only idiot of my type.  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

mesquite buckeye

This is good to know. ;D ;D ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Thank You Sponsors!