iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My dog adores sawdust!

Started by George Zarifis, February 15, 2017, 10:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Zarifis

This is what happens after I finish cutting a batch of firewood (happens with hand plane shavings too):

For those who want to know, he's 5 years old, weighs about 45-50 lb and he is a lovely dog!

taz-smiley
Every man's proble can be solved with a chansaw and high explosives. And a gun. And maybe a screwdriver. A cordless drill wouldn't hurt either.

I think a truck full of tools will do...

Bruno of NH

All my dogs do the same thing :D :D
They also roll in the mud then jump in my trucks and shake off ;D
But they are my working buds
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WV Sawmiller

My dog loves to run jump in the leaves. Haven't paid attention to what he does around the sawdust and shavings.

We had a cat that got mad and left home for a month. She came home howling every step of the way so I opened the gate and my wife opened the front door and after being out in great outdoors for a month the first thing her highness did was go to the litterbox and take a dump. What are you going to do?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

ozarkgem

George, what kind of trees do you cut for fire wood? What part of Greece are you in?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

George Zarifis

Thanks for the interest. I live Rhodes, an island in the south-east side of Greece. I'ts hot and humid and in the winter it doesn't get any colder than 35o Farrenheit). The truth is that we don't have many trees around here so everything we burn comes from urban windfalls and prunings. And windfalls are not very common so I'm constantly on the lookout for firewood. I'm also proud to say than even though we live in a city and we don't have any land that we can get wood from, we havent bought a single cord of firewood since my parents moved here 25 years ago. So I burn whatever species I find. This time it was mulberry and pine. There are also many eucalyptus trees and some other species that I don't know their name. However there are a lot of olive trees outside the city since the main agricultural product here is olives. Lastly, most of our few forests have mostly pine and cypress treen while there are a couple hardwood forests. Oh, I forgot to mention the sycamore trees. There are alot of them spread around the whole island. We also have ome giant Ficus Nitida (up to 6' trunk diameter) which never fall so we don't burn them.
  smiley_chop
Every man's proble can be solved with a chansaw and high explosives. And a gun. And maybe a screwdriver. A cordless drill wouldn't hurt either.

I think a truck full of tools will do...

Ianab

Always interesting to see what trees other folks have to deal with. Eucalyptus is considered a weed in many  places, but there are so many species it's hard to be sure. It's all good dense firewood at least.

In Australia there are Eucalyptus over 300 ft tall , and 30+ ft dia at the stump. I've cut down 10 year old Eucs here that where over 2ft at the stump.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Thank You Sponsors!