iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nothing like a good pecan on a cool mourning.

Started by T_in_SC, November 09, 2004, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

That's some pretty flame grain, T.   Looks like the log had some Spalt too.  Were you able to save it? :)

HOGFARMER

Good job,  I find your pics encouraging.  Can't wait to finish harvest and then I can finish my mill.  Keep them coming.
Manual LT-30

shopteacher

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

raycon

Nice pics. Looks a lot warmer than here thats for sure...20 degrees this morning...hot pecan pie sounds real good.
Lot of stuff..

T_in_SC

Tom,  Haven't finished sawing this log up yet, but I think the spalt is just in the outer sapwood.  It has been laying in my yard for 6 months.  It's a freebie from a construction site.  Tallest straightest pecan I" ;Dve seen ( 26" DBH).  Got 4 ten foot logs from the trunk.  I hit some wire on the other side, but I"m willing to invest a couple of blades for boards like this.

Shopteacher,  The pie is hard to beat.  Should have had some with my coffee before sawing.

Ray,  It was about 45 degrees yesterday mourning when I sawed  this board.  My favorite time of year.

GF

What a great way to start out a day.  Good looking wood.

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

BEaUtiful!  

I have my eye on a 48" by 12'  Pecan to be taken down in a few days.  
One I cut last month was an oval log 30" by 40" by about 9'.
Good that you stickered right away.  
Pecan loves to mold, and, if it does, the staining is deep and quick!
Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

T_in_SC

Thank You Sponsors!