Sponsors:

Slabbing Assistance

Started by Fla._Deadheader, December 22, 2006, 06:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

43,560 sq ft = 1 acre.
X 2 = 87,120
X $4.50 = $392,040.00
Just write a check drawn on the river bank. ;)

TexasTimbers

That sounds more like it. Unfortunately. >:(  Looks like I need to keep the shredder blades sharp ;)
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

beenthere

So kevjay, for $75,000 worth of concrete (using your figure of $70 a yard) you expect to pay someone an additional $317,000 to put it down and finish it?   ???

:)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

I'll take that job!
Can be there next week!

What's pavement cost?
Be a lot cheaper then concrete.
Can still do important areas with concrete. ;)

Part_Timer

I've been threatening to dump golf ball sized rock all over the logyard and mill area.  It's only about a 1/4 acre so, at least it would be cheaper than concrete.   I think :)

Farmer Doug, I don't know how much snow is in all this rain but I bet it would be deep enough we wouldn't be able to work in it either.  Oh well at least it beats -30.  I am making some good progress cleaning the shop and working on the upstairs addition.  Katie is happy about the upstairs and shop so as long as she's happy I guess I have it made. :) :)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Furby

Just have some crushed concrete hauled in PT. ;)

Part_Timer

Furby I should but I will be shutting the mill down for the next year or so.  I'm going to mill for my own use and my buddy John but that is it.  I'm also only going to sell retail to one of my real good customers.  I got promoted "railroaded" at work a couple of weeks ago and it's been a rollercoaster ride.  Up at 5 and home at 5-6 or so.  Not much time in there for the mill.  I have 2 jobs to finish and have sent the rest to other mills close by that I trust ot do a good job. I officially pulled the plug to new jobs Jan. 1st.  Maybe I can get back into it when I get things straightened out at work and things are running smoother.  I still have about 20 logs to finish for John and I, so lots still to do but only on weekends now.  I still have to cut all that pine up for the chicken coup
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!