iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No more sawmill

Started by Buddyw, August 03, 2015, 06:20:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddyw

Well guys it is official. Just as fast as I got into sawmilling, I got out.
I sold the Frick mill , took some of the money, and used it to close in the new mill building for storage.
I am going back to my old way of thinking." if I can not do it by myself, I will not do it."
When I picked up the first mill, the Lane , my son was all into helping me do everything. When I found the second mill, the Frick, my son was all into helping me do everything. We had all kind of plans to saw lumber to fix up the old farm I own for him to live and settle. Well the time came to set up the mill, my son helped me one day. I did the rest with my wife helping . Time to build the building over the mill, well I hired help, because my son only showed one day.  I did a few sawing jobs for a few people from time to time , only if they had someone that could help , that worked out ok. Well , about  two months ago, I was ask to saw some pallet material. Again, I ask if they had any one to help. The man told his boss what I said, about a hour later the boss came here and ask me if I would just consider selling them the mill. The rest is history. The mill and everything that has/had anything to do with a mill went out of here for cash in hand. Done deal... When I get some pictures, I will post them here so you can what the building looks like as a storage building. Sometimes things just don't turn out the way one hopes. Oh well, life goes on. LOL.... By the way. I may not be into sawmilling anymore I will still check in from time to time. I still fool around with chainsaws and diesel power units. I also keep a eye on the (for sale) section. I also want to thank everyone here who replied to all of my questions while dealing with the mills.

Buddy

Magicman

Life moves on.  It's just smart to recognize when the time is to move with it.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

This may be an open door Buddy.
I have a few friends and know others who make a living buying and selling equipment.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

Best of luck doin what you have to do.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

beenthere

Buddyw
Going back and reading through your posts about your journey with the two mills was very interesting. You put a lot of care and hard work into fixing them up.
Wish you the best now...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!